Ba Na Hills is one of the best attractions in Da Nang, and the country. Its full name is the Ba Na-Suoi Mo Tourist Area, made from “Ba Na hill station” and “Suoi Mo or the Dream stream”. It was established by French colonists to be a place for leisure and recreation during the hot season. But when the tourists left (because of the world war), this climate jewel was abandoned and in 2009, invested again to make it active again. To preserve a rich wildlife in the hills, a cable car network was constructed to carry the visitors to the top of Da Nang, 1,400 meters asl. In later times, some others also were inaugurated, holding 4 world records. After any rides with an extremely pretty view, there are lots of entertainments to have a fun day.
More than a half of travelers coming to Da Nang choose to visit Ba Na Hills. Thanks to convenience, high availability and competitive price, guided tours are booked a lot. This article aims to share experiences, give advice and recommendations to those who are going to explore the hills on the path of a local guide. No matter what, should read the complete guide to Ba Na Hills before making up your mind for everything.
Table of content
- 1 Ba Na Hills Guide – Read before Book
- 2 Why Should be Ba Na Hills Tour One Day?
- 3 Golden Hand Bridge Tour is Exact Ba Na Hills Tour!
- 4 Ba Na Hills Tour from Da Nang
- 5 Da Nang Airport to Ba Na Hills Tour
- 6 Ba Na Hills Tour from Hoi An
- 7 Ba Na Hills Tour from Hue
- 8 Tour to Ba Na Hills and Da Nang City Attractions
- 9 Ba Na Hills Tour from Da Nang Port
- 10 Ba Na Hills Tour with Own Transport and Private Guide
- 11 Ba Na Hills Tour by Yourself
- 12 Related Posts
- 13 My Lai Massacre Village (or Son My Memorial) in Quang Ngai
- 14 The Official Da Nang Travel Guide [MUST READ]
- 15 Da Nang Night River Cruise on Han River
- 16 Da Nang International Airport: Terminals, Transfers, More
- 17 Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
- 18 Non Nuoc Beach: The Famous Beach of Da Nang
- 19 Bach Ma National Park: Hiking, Trekking in Da Nang and Hoi An
- 20 Am Phu Cave Complete Travel Guide
- 21 Asia Park and Sun Wheel in Da Nang (Sun World Da Nang Wonders)
- 22 How to Get to Golden Bridge from Da Nang
- 23 Da Nang Food Specialties: What to Eat in Da Nang
- 24 How to Visit Golden Bridge Vietnam
- 25 Da Nang Shore Excursions: Guided Tours From Tien Sa Port
- 26 Han Market (Cho Han): Where to Shop in Da Nang?
- 27 Da Nang Cathedral (Da Nang Pink Church)
- 28 Things to Do in Ba Na Hills Besides Golden Bridge
- 29 Da Nang Half Day Tours
- 30 Da Nang Private Car and Driver
- 31 Da Nang and Hoi An Itinerary for Visitors Staying Overnight in Hoi An
- 32 Da Nang Things to Do: Guide to What to Do in Da Nang Vietnam
- 33 Da Nang Best Things to Do and Reasons
- 34 How to Get From Hoi An to Da Nang
- 35 Hoi An or Da Nang: Which is Better?
- 36 My Son Sanctuary Tour
- 37 Da Nang Best Area to Stay: Guide to Where to Stay in Da Nang
- 38 Da Nang Cave Tour: Best Underground Activities in Da Nang
- 39 Da Nang Best Time to Visit: Guide to Best Weather in Da Nang
- 40 Da Nang Weather by Month: Guide to Monthly Weather in Da Nang
- 41 What to Do in Da Nang At Night
- 42 Lang Co Vietnam Travel Guide
- 43 What to Do in Da Nang for 3 Days
- 44 My Khe Beach: A Complete Guide to Da Nang’s Best Beach
- 45 Da Nang Day Trips: Guide to Best Day Tours From Da Nang
- 46 Museums in Da Nang
- 47 Linh Ung Pagoda: Trio of Da Nang’s Holiest Mountain Temples
- 48 Da Nang Night Market: A Thing To Do in Da Nang at Night
- 49 Guide to Son Tra Mountain aka Monkey Mountain Vietnam
- 50 Ba Na Hills Tour
- 51 Da Nang Cable Car
- 52 How to Get from Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
- 53 Da Nang to Hoi An: Best Da Nang Airport Transfer and More
- 54 Hai Van Pass Da Nang: Map, Route, Weather, History, Tour
- 55 Da Nang Attractions Guide: What to See in Da Nang Vietnam?
- 56 Lady Buddha Da Nang: The Best of Monkey Mountain Vietnam
- 57 My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
- 58 Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture
- 59 Dragon Bridge Da Nang: The Fire-Breathing Da Nang Bridge
- 60 Ba Na Hills Travel Guide: A First Timer’s Complete Guide
- 61 Golden Bridge Da Nang: A Guide to The Iconic Da Nang Bridge
- 62 Da Nang Bridge: A Guide to Famous Bridges in Da Nang
- 63 Ba Na Hills Cable Car: World Record, Cost, Reschedule, Map
- 64 Da Nang Mountain Temple: Marble Mountain’s Pagodas, More
- 65 Da Nang Caves: Underground World of the Marble Mountains
- 66 The Marble Mountains: Guide to Da Nang’s Iconic Mountain
- 67 Featured Tours and Experiences
- 67.0.1 Full Day My Lai Massacre Tour
- 67.0.2 Hue to Hoi An Private Car Transfer with Sightseeing (and Vice Versa)
- 67.0.3 Hue to Hoi An Motorbike Tour (and Vice Versa)
- 67.0.4 Hai Van Pass Motorbike Tour from Hoi An or Da Nang
- 67.0.5 Da Nang Night Tour From Hoi An with Local Food Dinner
- 67.0.6 Da Nang Day Trip From Hoi An with Local Food Lunch
- 67.0.7 Golden Bridge and Ba Na Hills Night Tour
- 67.0.8 Golden Hands Bridge Tour In Sunrise or Sunset (1/2 Day)
- 67.0.9 Cam Kim Island Bicycle Tour From Hoi An
- 67.0.10 Cham Island Tour From Hoi An (Group Tour)
- 67.0.11 Cham Island Tour From Da Nang (Group Tour)
- 67.0.12 Hoi An Vegetarian Food Tour
- 67.0.13 Hoi An Evening Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 67.0.14 Private Hoi An Basket Boat Tour (Shuttle Bus, Bicycle, Bike)
- 67.0.15 Half-day Am Phu Cave Tour (Private)
- 67.0.16 Hoi An Countryside Tour (Bicycle, Car, Electric Shuttle)
- 67.0.17 Da Nang Tour Package From Singapore
- 67.0.18 Hoi An Evening Tour From Da Nang
- 67.0.19 Hoi An Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 67.0.20 My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Old Town Tour with Thu Bon River Cruise
- 67.0.21 My Son Day Trip From Hoi An including Marble Mountains and Basket Boat
- 67.0.22 Half Day Hoi An City Tour With River Cruise
- 67.0.23 Son Tra Peninsula Tour with Marble Mountains (Private/Small Group)
- 67.0.24 Hue Day Trip From Hoi An with Hai Van Pass, River Cruise & Lunch
- 67.0.25 Hoi An Ancient Town and Countryside Tour (Bests of Hoi An Tour)
- 67.0.26 Hoi An Tour From Da Nang Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 67.0.27 Hoi An Day Trip From Da Nang (Marble Mountains, Basket Boat, Old Town)
- 67.0.28 Da Nang City Tour From Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 67.0.29 Hoi An City Tour with Lantern Class, Lantern Boat, Night Market & Local Food Sampling
- 67.0.30 Marble Mountains, Basket Boat Ride & Hoi An Old Town Walking Tour
- 67.0.31 Marble Mountains & Golden Bridge Day Tour with Buffet Lunch
- 67.0.32 Marble Mountains & Monkey Mountain Tour (Half-day, Private)
- 67.0.33 Private Golden Bridge Sunrise Tour (Half-day, Optional Lunch)
- 67.0.34 Hoi An Ancient Town & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 67.0.35 My Son Sanctuary & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 67.0.36 Private My Son Sanctuary Sunrise or Sunset Tour
- 67.0.37 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Countryside Experience With Local
- 67.0.38 Full Day My Son Sanctuary & Hoi An Countryside Tour With Local
- 67.0.39 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Coconut Village Experience
- 67.0.40 Son Tra Peninsula, Marble Mountains and Hoi An City Tour
- 67.0.41 Half-day Marble Mountains Tour from Da Nang or Hoi An
- 67.0.42 Da Nang Cave Tour (Half Day Underground Tour in Da Nang)
- 67.0.43 Hoi An Old Town & Lantern Making Class (Morning Tour, Half-day)
- 67.0.44 Full Day Bests of Da Nang & Hoi An Old Town Walking Tour
- 67.0.45 Full Day My Son Tour From Da Nang with Da Nang City Tour
- 67.0.46 My Son Sanctuary Tour From Hoi An or Da Nang With Local Guide
- 67.0.47 Hue Day Trip from Da Nang or Hoi An via Hai Van Pass with Lunch
- 67.0.48 Full Day Golden Bridge & Ba Na Hills Tour With Buffet Lunch
- 67.0.49 Full Day My Son Sanctuary Tour & Hoi An Old Town With Local
- 67.0.50 Half Day Da Nang Museums and Bridges
Ba Na Hills Guide – Read before Book
Ba Na Hills is famous in Vietnam and the outside, because of its stunning things to see and do. Discovered and invested to be a hill station, it boasts of a mild climate and extremely unspoiled environment. Sitting atop Da Nang’s highest mountain Nui Chua, sceneries seen from there are picturesque and mesmerizing. In addition, the beauty of pristine nature also amazes the visitors while they are in a cabin of world-record cable cars. One of the Guiness records is the longest cable car on the planet.
Around an elevation of 1,500 meters, there are iconic, legendary Golden Hand Bridge, gigantic French Village, scenic gardens, big Buddha, Vietnam’s largest mountain alpine coaster, underground theme park, plenty of photogenic spots and more. Exciting outdoor performances from European dancers stir up the atmosphere all day long. A full-day trip is easier to complete than ever. See details in our Ba Na Hills travel guide. We recommend reading the guide to Ba Na Hills accommodation as well, if planning to sleep in Da Nang’s coolest area.
Why Should be Ba Na Hills Tour One Day?
Location is the first reason to explain why visitors should spend a day in Ba Na Hills. The nearest city to it is Da Nang, and the distance from there is some 30 km. The number is 55 km and 110 km if moving from Hoi An and Hue respectively. Meaning that visitors need to spend at least 1,5 hours for coming to and returning (without congestions and bad weather). There are so many stunning attractions, activities, entertainments and instagrammable spots in the site, making a half day visit really rush. If just aiming to see the highlights, ensure that you can avoid the long queues and crowds, especially in the high seasons. Childrens, elders and wheelchair users will feel so hard when the day is busy. On the other hand, a full day allows visitors to explore everything more relaxing, at all ages.
Golden Hand Bridge Tour is Exact Ba Na Hills Tour!
Many visitors do not know that the Golden Bridge is in the Ba Na Hills. Entrance fee of the larger attraction also covers entry to it and everything around. Therefore, all tours to Ba Na Hills include the Golden Hand Bridge and vice versa. So, if paying an additional fee for visiting the bridge, should choose another provider that is more dependable.
Recently, the Golden Bridge Ba Na Hills was in the list of world’s new wonders by the British magazine Daily Mall. Previously, it won the “world’s leading iconic tourist bridge” category of the World Travel Awards.
Ba Na Hills Tour from Da Nang
A full-day guided trip by bus or car is the most popular Ba Na Hills tour from Da Nang. No matter what, it covers a round trip transfer from the hotel, Ba Na Hills entrance fee and cable car ticket, local guide, lunch and the Golden Bridge. The visitors are picked up at the hotels across the city center, except the Son Tra Peninsula. So, if staying overnight there, it’s need to get a ride to the company’s office or a pre-discussed point. Tours depart in the morning, to allow visitors much time to sightsee. Sunrise is often selected by those who book a private car, aiming to avoid the long queues, crowds and high temperature. Read our recommendation for Ba Na Hills sunrise tour. Don’t forget to see Ba Na Hills sunset tour if looking for an off-the-beaten-path experience.
It takes around 40 minutes to get to cable car stations after picking up. Before starting any rides, the guide will come to ticket counters to take physical tickets and so, visitors may wait for a while. Depending on the Ba Na Hills cable car reschedule, the visit may be from the Golden Bridge, Linh Ung Pagoda or French Village. Then, it’s possible to expect colorful landscaped gardens, antique-looking castles, theme parks, many featured outdoor activities and festivals. It’s hard to feel disappointed.
Lunch on tour is the buffet, including Vietnamese, international and vegan options. If traveling in a big group, each visitor will have free time to do their favourite things in their own way. In the afternoon, tourists line up to ride down the mountain and return to the city. Although still opening at night, there are not a lot of tour packages lasting until that time. However, for those who are seeking romantic and dreamy sceneries, cool temperature and hustle-free atmosphere, Ba Na Hills evening tour is their choice.
Da Nang Airport to Ba Na Hills Tour
Have a limited time in Da Nang or like to see the Ba Na Hills first after landing? A packaged tour from Da Nang airport is never wrong. The guide and driver will pick you up right in the arrival gate, and then, hit the road. It takes around 40 minutes to get to the cable car stations. In case of early flights, visitors can choose to have breakfast in stations or a place on the way recommended by the guide. Your lunch is served in a buffet restaurant, in the French Village. Of course, like other tours, two-way transfer (city center only), Ba Na Hills entrance fee and cable car ticket, and Golden Bridge.
After the full-day experience, the bus/car drops you off in the hotel or returns to the airport. Accommodations in Son Tra peninsula are an exception (because far), should discuss with the provider about the price to end the tour there. Hoi An is a popular city to stay over, do the same. Should book a guide (even if it’s possible to be without), because his/her experience will design the best itinerary for yourself. In which, all highlights are not missed, long queues skipped sometimes and still in time to airport check in if flying to somewhere. Let him/her know about the flight to help.
See details in Ba Na Hills Day Tour from Da Nang Airport
Ba Na Hills Tour from Hoi An
Ba Na Hills is 55 km northwest of Hoi An center, so tour operators recommend the visitors to depart in the morning. If possible, around the sunrise is the best. An early departure allows one to have enough time to transfer, and avoid crowds and midday heat. No matter when and which options, the inclusions are the same as Ba Na Hills daily tour from Da Nang. There are a two-way transfer from the hotel by bus/car, local guide, experienced driver, Ba Na Hills entrance fee and cable car tickets, lunch, and the Golden Bridge. In common, the lunch is a buffet, providing plenty of choices to eat. Local foods, delicious Vietnamese dishes from different parts of the country, barbecues, vegan, noodles, breads, and desserts can be seen.
Tour options what you may be interested:
- Ba Na Hills sunrise tour from Hoi An
- Ba Na Hills day tour [most-booked]
- Ba Na Hills sunset/evening tour from Hoi An
Ba Na Hills Tour from Hue
Ba Na Hills is 110 km south of Hue city center and 95 km from Phu Bai international airport. It means that it takes visitors nearly 3 hours to get to it. A tour by bus or car is the best fit, because of this long ride. On the way to the hill station, visitors can choose to move across the Hai Van Pass or through the Hai Van tunnel. The first choice provides beautiful sceneries, fun drive but travel time may be longer, at least 30 minutes. Lunch is served in a buffet restaurant of Ba Na Hills, and then, the rest of the day is to explore awesome sights and join activities.
When crowds line up to go down the mountain, the opportunity to enjoy without noise and bustle, and brilliant sunset comes. Visitors decide to stay and see the romantic Ba Na Hills by night or not later. If would like to experience, dining restaurants and cable cars are still available to serve. However, it’s inevitable that visitors will feel a bit tired, after a long ride and fully-enjoyed visit. A hotel in Da Nang center is a common selection, as it’s nearer than Son Tra peninsula or Hoi An.
See details in Ba Na Hills Day Tour from Hue
Tour to Ba Na Hills and Da Nang City Attractions
There are some guided tour options that include Ba Na Hills and another Da Nang city attraction. Many hours are for the hills and the lunch there, and the rest of the day is for the next place. When the sun is still up, the Marble Mountains, Lady Buddha, Linh Ung pagoda (Son Tra peninsula), Museum of Cham sculpture, Hai Van Pass, Than Tai hot springs are perfect to fill the remaining time. Glorious sunset can be seen from there, over the waters. After it’s dark, visitors can expect some top sights in the itinerary, such as the Son Tra night market. The best tour is what recommends places you have never seen before or like to know better. Busy but happy!
Tour options what you may be interested:
- Ba Na Hills and Marble Mountains
- Ba Na Hills, Lady Buddha and Linh Ung Pagoda (Son Tra peninsula)
- Ba Na Hills, Cham Museum, Dragon Bridge, Night Market
- Ba Na Hills and Than Tai Hot Springs
- Ba Na Hills and Hai Van Pass
Ba Na Hills Tour from Da Nang Port
The largest and busiest port in Da Nang is Tien Sa, 46 km away from Ba Na Hills. Like anywhere in the city, a tour to the famous hill station from there is easy to make. Shore excursions often depart in the morning, and include round trip transfer from the harbour, guide, lunch, all entrance fee and cable car ticket. To the north, Chan May port is 60 km from the Ba Na Hills, via the Hai Van tunnel. Tours from deep-water harbours provide the same things. The passengers can book at small travel agencies to big brands, and all necessary information may be announced before the departure. Should ask how to know the right place to meet the guide and driver. See details in Chan May Shore Excursions and Da Nang Excursions.
Ba Na Hills Tour with Own Transport and Private Guide
Many visitors would like to arrange a transport to Ba Na Hills by themselves, and only need a local guide. We have two articles for getting to the attraction: Da Nang to Ba Na Hills and Hoi An to Ba Na Hills. Read to know your best way. How to find a guide? In Da Nang, visitors can contact travel agencies online and offline, reliable travel webpages, or their own hotel. English is the most spoken language and it’s possible to seek French, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German and Thai speakers also. Cost is from 30 to 50 USD for a day, more for big groups or if requiring excellent knowledge and language skills. For a tour guide in Hoi An, just browse our article here.
To save time, you can ask for help from us. Firstly, we need to know requirements (date, knowledge, skills, more) via whatsapp number +84968009827 or email email@example.com.
Ba Na Hills Tour by Yourself
Traveling to Ba Na Hills by yourself is not too complicated, even if you’re a first timer. First of all, you need to seek a transport suitable to your budget and style. Read our guide to get to Ba Na Hills from Da Nang or Hoi An to choose the best. Rentals, route, parkings and more are all in that article. About the ticket, you can choose to buy in the counters in the site or reserve online or via travel agencies. But now, no matter which way, you have to change to a physical ticket to get the cable car ride. Buffet lunch can be bought in the same place. Prices between the official and resellers are the same. In the cabin, a map in English is available to take and it shows all necessary things. See all you need to know about Ba Na Hills here.