Half-day Am Phu Cave Tour (Private)
Formed millions of years ago, Am Phu cave is the longest cave in Da Nang and the Marble mountains. Its name in Vietnamese means “the hell” because it was dark and a little scary in the past. The monks give its spacious chambers, small passages and natural formations a religious significance, very interesting to learn about. During the Vietnam war, Am Phu cave was the hiding place of Vietcong. Up the mountain, in the “paraside”, there are a couple of majestic bat caves and holy sites. In the remaining time of the trip, visitors also go to Linh Ung pagoda on Son Tra peninsula (called by Americans as the Monkey mountain). It’s built from 2004 to 2010 on a hill by the coastline and overlooks the city. This temple boasts of a Buddhist landmark – the Lady Buddha, visible from elsewhere in Da Nang. Lady Buddha is also known as the Goddess of mercy or Goddess of sea for fishermans.
*This tour starts from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Explore the longest marble cave in Da Nang city, and the entire central Vietnam. Besides, other amazing caves in its mountain (Tang Chon cave, Huyen Khong cave), home of fantastic rock formations and living bats.
- Learn about local Buddhist culture in Am Phu cave and ancient temples in the rest of the Marble mountains.
- See up-close Vietnam’s tallest Lady Buddha statue that rises 67 meters from the surroundings, making it one of the best known landmarks in Da Nang.
- The biggest Buddhist temple in Da Nang on a peninsula where visitors can capture a panoramic view of the sea and the city.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- 1 bottle of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center, other areas with an extra fee
- All entrance fees & one way (up) by elevator in Marble Mountains
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 am or 2 pm in Da Nang or Hoi An. Then, the driver takes traveler(s) to The Marble Mountains and then Monkey Mountain. He drops off in the hotel around Da Nang centre and Hoi An. A small fee will be charged if visitors would like to end the tour in somewhere in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An area.
See details in Da Nang Caves
See details in The Marble Mountains Travel Guide
See details in Linh Ung Pagoda Travel Guide
See details in Lady Buddha Da Nang Travel Guide
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
In the tour, travelers will sightsee Buddhist temples, pagodas and religion spots, therefore wearing respectively is required. Particularly, clothings of travelers need to cover airmpits, navel and knees. In the Marble Mountains and Lady Buddha Pagoda, sarongs are available for free in the doors of worshipping spaces.