Son Tra Peninsula Tour with Marble Mountains (Private/Small Group)
This Son Tra Peninsula tour allows travelers to visit the most famous sights and other top attractions in Da Nang, within a half day. By the peninsula’s southern coast, there is a huge Lady Buddha (or the Goddess of Mercy) and nearby Linh Ung Pagoda, both built from 2004 to 2010. The temple is the youngest in the trio of the same name in the city, each in a different direction. Locals believe that three Linh Ung pagodas create a triangle to protect the city from typhoons and other bad events. In the rest of the tour, the Marble Mountains – the most iconic mountain of Da Nang is the focus. It’s famous for exotic scenery that comes from 5 striking marble hills emerging suddenly on the plain. This famed attraction is also a Buddhist sanctuary with ancient temples, shrines, Buddha relic tower, and a collection of numerous caves. Around its foot, people have been carved stone sculptures for over 400 years, and now their products are for exportation.
*This tour starts from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Visit the Lady Buddha – Vietnam’s tallest statue of the kind (67 meters) that contains 13 Buddha shrines on each floor within it. She faces towards the city to shelter the citizens from disasters.
- Learn about Buddhism and local religious practices in Linh Ung Pagoda – Da Nang’s biggest Buddhist temple. It’s surrounded by bonsai gardens and provides scenic outlooks to the sea and the beaches. In the afternoon, there is a gorgeous sunset seen from there.
- Trek up the top of the Marble Mountains (106 meters asl) and sightsee old Buddhist temples and discover amazing caves along the staircases. This complex is also known as the Five Element Mountains, and each member represents an element (water, fire, wood, metal or earth).
- Plenty of shopping and photo opportunities.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- 1 bottle of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center, other areas with an extra fee
- All entrance fees & one way (up) by elevator in Marble Mountains
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m or 2 pm in Da Nang or Hoi An. Then, the driver takes traveler(s) to all attractions and restaurant in the itinerary. When the tour ends, he drops off in the hotel or another place in Da Nang center and Hoi An if requested. A small extra fee is charged for pick up and drop off in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An area.
See details in Linh Ung Pagoda Travel Guide
See details in Lady Buddha Da Nang Travel Guide
See details in The Marble Mountains Travel Guide
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
In the tour, travelers will sightsee Buddhist temples, pagodas and religion spots, therefore wearing respectively is required. Particularly, clothings of travelers need to cover airmpits, navel and knees. In the Marble Mountains and Lady Buddha Pagoda, sarongs are available for free in the doors of worshipping spaces. That’re not in Hoi An.