Marble Mountains, Basket Boat Ride & Hoi An Old Town Walking Tour
Chat Now for Assistance! +84968009827
This day tour allows visitors to know about different sides of Vietnam and Vietnamese culture, as well as discover well-preserved nature. In the morning, steep stairs in the Marble Mountains (aka the Five-Elements Mountains) lead to pagodas, ancient shrines, big trees, peaks and fantastic caves. Around its foot, local artisans have carved stone sculptures since 16th century and now, their products are exported to many countries. Later, visitors have a basket boat ride around small and peaceful canals inside Cam Thanh Coconut Village. “Boat dancing”, watching how to catch fish or crab, how to make accessories by palm leaves and listening to folk songs are what to expect next. In the afternoon, after a lantern making class, Hoi An Ancient Town is the focus. It was a bustling trading port from 15th to 19th centuries, playing an important role in commerce across South-east Asia. Not only wandering around historical quarters, visitors also sightsee the best-preserved buildings, visit famous tailors, the night market and tour around colorful lantern-lit streets at night.
*This tour starts from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Explore magnificent caves and visit century-old Buddhist temples in the Marble Mountains – the iconic mountain of Da Nang. Learn about history, culture, religion and traditional handicraft with a local guide.
- Basket boat ride through a nearly-primitive coconut palm forest where locals daily come to catch fishes and Vietnam communists hide during the American war.
- Visit Hoi An Ancient Town – a Unesco world heritage site and see the best of it in both daytime and nighttime. There are lots of chances to photograph, go shopping and taste delicious street foods.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Lunch with local food, vegetarian option available
- 2 bottles of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center, other areas with an extra fee
- All entrance fees & one way (up) by elevator in Marble Mountains
- Basket boat ride (2 adults share a boat)
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m in Da Nang or Hoi An. Then, the driver takes traveler(s) to all attractions and restaurant in the itinerary. When the tour ends, he drops off in the hotel or another place in Da Nang center and Hoi An if requested. A small extra fee is charged for pick up and drop off in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An area.
See details in The Marble Mountains Travel Guide
See details in Hoi An Basket Boat Ride and Hoi An Coconut Village
(*) Picked sightseeing places for Hoi An old town ticket may be the Old House of Tan Ky, Japanese Covered Bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Traditional Art Performance House, and Museum of Trade Ceramics.
See details in Hoi An Old Town Travel Guide
See details in Hoi An Night Market and Hoi An Lanterns
See details in Hoi An Memories Show
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
In the tour, travelers will sightsee Buddhist temples, pagodas and religion spots, therefore wearing respectively is required. Particularly, clothings of travelers need to cover airmpits, navel and knees. In the Marble Mountains and Lady Buddha Pagoda, sarongs are available for free in the doors of worshipping spaces. That’re not in Hoi An.