Private Hoi An Basket Boat Tour (Shuttle Bus, Bicycle, Bike)
Visitors have a great time during a basket boat tour in Hoi An, particularly its coconut village. For about 1 hour, local fishermen will carry visitors by a basket-like boat made of bamboo through canals lined by palms. Usually, 2 adults sit in the same boat. Not just seeing, also having the chance to know about how locals catch fish by net, catch small purple crabs with a rob, and their daily entertainment. Of course, after a demonstration, visitors can practice by themselves. The most exciting activity is the performance in which a man spins the boat around and around, amazing the audience. Besides, people also sing in the river (folk songs included) or racing. During the Vietnam war, the palm forest by the Thu Bon river was the hiding place of Vietcong communists.
*This tour departs from Da Nang with an extra fee to pay for transport
Experience the ride by basket boat through Hoi An’s water coconut forest that is only in central Vietnam. It’s a part of the Unesco-recognized world biosphere reserve.
Have the chance to see and understand daily activities of local fishermans, such as catching fish (or crabs), traditional songs or vivid ways of life along rivers. Sure, can take many fun pictures.
Watch the performance of the spinning boat from local men and try it later. It’s one of the coolest things to do in Hoi An now. Visitors feel they’re in a water park!
Optional activities are learning how to prepare some Vietnamese classic dishes, bamboo workshop, foot massage, making lanterns, etc.
- Basket boat tour (2 adults in one boat, toddles and small kids can be traveled with parents)
- Coconut forest entrance fee (30,000 VND per person)
- Transports from hotel to boat station in Cam Thanh coconut village (shuttle bus, bicycle or motorbike upon request)
- Traditional conical hat, life vest and umbrella
Departure & Return
*Arrival time needed to annouce in advance for us
Visitors will get to the Coconut village by themselves and then meet a local at the entrance ticket counter. Then, he/she will show the direction to reach the boat station, and then visitors enjoy the tour. After landing, visitors explore the village at own leisure, like shopping, or joining a bamboo workshop.
See details in Hoi An Private Car and Driver and Da Nang Private Car and Driver
See details in Hoi An Basket Boat Ride and Hoi An Coconut Village
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for children under 5 years old (if they can go with parents), 50% for children from 5 to 9 years old and 100% fee for visitors older than 10.
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- This experience requires good weather. In case it’s canceled (like flood or typhoons), an annoucement will be made in advance.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
Visitors only sit in the boat throughout the boat tour, and have umbrella/rain poncho, conical hat from boat riders, so just wear what they love. Life vest is also available for safety.
However, visitors still need to bring umbrella or pain poncho for the trip, because after the boat ride, still have something to use. Sun cream, sun glasses and other sun protection items should be prepared in advance too (more expensive if buy them in the village)