Full Day My Lai Massacre Tour with Lunch
The My Lai massacre happened in My Lai village (or Son My village) in 1968. 504 people fell in one day, and this became one of the best known events in the Vietnam war by the world. In the morning, travelers will be picked up (in Da Nang or Hoi An) and then go on the quickest way to the village. Here, the guide tells stories and gives the explanation during the visit at the main memorial monument. In the afternoon, the statue to commemorate the mothers whose family members died in the war and the tunnel where people hid to avoid the bombings or raids. This tour is recommended for those who are interested in history and have experienced the Vietnam war before.
*This tour departs from Hoi An or Da Nang
- Visit My Lai memorial in which remains, photos, information and memories about My Lai massacre are kept right. Here, visitors will learn about the history of Vietnam from a different side.
- See The Vietnam’s Heroic Mother Statue, a huge monument made of sandstone that depicts mothers who had many family members sacrificed for their nation.
- Explore a part of Ky Anh tunnels that is one of the most important hiding tunnels for Vietnamese people and communists in the Vietnam war, besides Cu Chi tunnels and Vinh Moc tunnels.
- Many stories and information about the Vietnam war, a dark stage of the history
Departure & Return
The tour start 8 am at the hotel in Hoi An or Da Nang city centre.
See details in My Lai Massacre Village Travel Guide
See details in The Vietnam’s Heroic Mother Statue
See details in Ky Anh Tunnels
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free of charge for kids under 3 years old (have to go with parents), discount for kids from 4 to 8 years old and 100% fee for visitors of older ages.
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- This experience requires good weather. In case it’s canceled (like flood or typhoons), an annoucement will be made in advance.