Half Day Hoi An City Tour With River Cruise
Chat Now for Assistance! +84968009827
This half day Hoi An city tour with river cruise includes a walking tour around Hoi An Ancient Town and a river cruise along Thu Bon River later. In the first part, travelers will wander in vintage streets and sightsee the best preserved buildings that are built by different groups of people. The guide also recommends other stunning places and highlights of the town, such as markets, tailor shops, spots to try local iced herbal tea, coffee made by Vietnamese beans and food specialties. In the next part, there is a breezy ride by boat to enjoy peaceful sceneries on the banks of Thu Bon River and stop to visit a traditional handicraft village.
If departing in the afternoon, travelers can expect to see a brilliant scene of uncountable lantern lights, and walk in chaotic night markets with diverse merchandise, sold at reasonable prices. Lantern boats are another thing that is not to miss, allowing travelers to view the town at night and take pictures. It’s possible to light up a candle lantern and drop it down from the water, like a local.
*This tour departs from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Stroll around Hoi An Ancient Town – a Unesco world heritage site where Japanese, Chinese and Europeans come to trade from 15th to 19th centuries. Learn a lot about history and culture with a knowledgeable tour guide.
- Have the chance to visit the best skilled tailors to start the measurements and take a custom made suit or dresses.
- Cruise along the Thu Bon River by a wooden boat to see the scenery on the backs, and stop to visit boat building workshops and wood sculptures in Kim Bong carpentry village. If departing in the afternoon, the sunset can be expected.
- Plenty of shopping and photo opportunities.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- 1 bottle of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center and Hoi An, other areas with an extra fee
- Hoi An Old Town entrance fee (5 places)
- River cruise to Kim Bong carpentry village
Departure & Return
The guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m or 2 pm (1:30 pm from Da Nang). Then, the driver rides straight away to Hoi An Old Town. Travelers can request to drop off at any place in the centre of Da Nang and Hoi An when the tour ends. A small fee of transfer is charged if travelers stay in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An.
(*) Picked sightseeing places for Hoi An old town ticket may be the Old House of Tan Ky, Japanese Covered Bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Traditional Art Performance House, and Museum of Trade Ceramics.
See details in Hoi An Old Town Travel Guide
See details in Hoi An River Cruise
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- Set-menu lunch or dinner is available if requested, with an additional fee.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
In the sightseeing itinerary of Hoi An Old Town, temples and pagodas are included. Therefore, visitors need to wear respectively, just to make sure that airmpits, navel and knees are covered. If prefering a sarong instead of wearling long clothings but don’t have, it’s sold many around the town. Good shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, hat/chap and rain poncho (rainy season only) are necessary.