My Son Day Trip From Hoi An including Marble Mountains and Basket Boat
This day trip includes three highlights around Hoi An: My Son sanctuary, the Marble mountains and basket boat ride in the Coconut village. In the morning, My Son world heritage is the focus, known as a complex of over 70 buildings constructed from 4th to 13rd centuries. It’s dedicated to worship of Shiva – the God of destroying in Hinduism. After having lunch with local foods, Non Nuoc stone carving village and the Marble mountains are the next attractions. Rising suddenly from the plain, five marble mountains were formed from pieces of a broken dragon egg in Vietnamese legend. In its highest hill, the hikers love to see Buddhist temples, caves and lovely views from peaks. Before the day trip ends, visitors will sit in a basket boat to tour around palm forests and be amazed by the performance in which local fishermans spin the boat. The ride is unique.
*This tour departs from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Visit the most important Hindu temples in Vietnam and learn a lot about local history, particularly Champa kingdom. Hidden away in dense jungles, it’s inscribed by Unesco as a world heritage site in 1999.
- Watch live performances of dancing and playing traditional instruments of the Cham people.
- Hike to see majestic caves and century-old Buddhist temples in the Marble mountains, the emblem of Da Nang city. Have many photo and shopping opportunities here.
- Explore the only water palm forest in central Vietnam on a bamboo basket boat. During the Vietnam war, it was the hiding place of Vietcong communists.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Lunch with local foods
- 2 bottles of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang or Hoi An center, other areas with an extra fee
- All entrance fees and tickets
- Buggy transfers in My Son
- Elevetor ride (one way) in Marble mountains
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m or earlier upon the request. Then, the driver takes visitors to all attractions mentioned in the itinerary and a local restaurant to have lunch. Before say goodbye, the car can drop off in the hotel (Da Nang city center or Hoi An) or another place if requested.
See details in My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
1 hour recommended
See details in The Marble Mountains Travel Guide
See details in Hoi An Basket Boat Ride and Hoi An Coconut Village
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- This experience requires good weather. In case it’s canceled, an annoucement will be made in advance.
How to Book
Frequently Asked Questions
Visitors should wear respectively because of many Buddhist temples and pagodas in the trip. In a half of the day (Golden Bridge area), it’s not too necessary when sarongs are available for free in religious spots to cover. In My Son Sanctuary, if don’t have any, visitors need to buy one in shops in the outside of the holy valley. Due to walking much, should get a good pair of shoes to wander around comfortably and explore stunning things. During sunny months, sun cream, sun glasses, hat or cap and in the wet season (often the end of the year), a rain poncho is a must.