Hue to Hoi An Motorbike Tour (and Vice Versa)
You May Also Like
Hoi An is 120 kilometers away from Hue city. One of the best ways to get there is by motorbike, the most popular vehicle for Vietnamese people in daily life. This tour provides travelers a safe ride pillion that they will sit behind an experienced local driver. The best drive is on Hai Van pass, a 20-kilometers-long pass traversing rugged terrain, with fun twists and turns. It’s the content for an episode of the Top Gear: Vietnam special, a world-famous motoring show. Since then, it’s recommended by many reputable magazines and social media as a once-a-lifetime experience. Here, travelers can take wonderful pictures and lots of adventures. In the itinerary, the Marble mountains and Lang Co lagoon (or beach) are other stopovers. The mountains are topped by temples and exotic plants.
*This tour departs from Hue or Hoi An
- Get a fun-filled transfer from Hue to Hoi An by motorbike that is off the beaten track. Travelers will pass by rice fields, fishing villages, white-sandy beaches, blue waters, railway, hills, and through Da Nang city.
- Discover Hai Van pass – one of the most fascinating motorbike roads in Vietnam. It’s packed with beautiful bird’s eye views stretching from high mountains to the sea, and well-known for nervous turns and twists. The top is at an elevation of 500 meters.
- Visit the Marble mountains (or the Five-elements mountain), a group of amazing outcrops that is famous for centuries-old temples, majestic caves, and peaks. Here, local people have carved stone sculptures and accessories from 16th
- Many photo and shopping opportunities
Please contact us directly for the best price.
- Well-maintained motorbike
- Licensed and experienced local driver who speaks English and shares the information on the way
- Good-quality safety helmet
- Traditional Vietnamese coffee
- All entrance fees and tickets
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel within Da Nang city centre/Hoi An
- Stop anywhere on the way to take pictures
- Fuel, toll fees, taxes, parking fee
- Necessary items and gears (like rain poncho)
- Bottled water
Departure & Return
The guide-driver will be at 8 AM in the hotel within Hue city centre. Then, head to Hoi An. From Hoi An to Hue, time to go is also 8 AM. Pickup is available for any hotels within Hoi An.
See details in Hai Van Pass Travel Guide
See details in The Marble Mountains Travel Guide
- This experience is run from 1 traveler (private tour for the group or family is available)
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- This experience requires good weather. In case it’s canceled, an announcement will be made in advance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Travellers should prepare sun cream, sun glasses, nice shoes, cash to have lunch and extra water, phone or camera for taking pictures, personal rain poncho or jacket (it may rain between October and January).