My Son Sanctuary Tour From Hoi An or Da Nang With Local Guide
Chat Now for Assistance! +84968009827
You May Combine to Complete the Day
This half-day experience focuses on the My Son Sanctuary, a Unesco world heritage site. It played the role as a Hindu holy land of the entire Champa Kingdom for 900 years. Although abandoned for centuries, it’s still the best group of monuments the now-disappeared state ever made. There were around 70 temples in its golden age but now only 20 standing. All are placed in the Valley of Legend, featuring a stream flowing through and surrounded by wooded hills. Secrets behind how the Chams constructed them are undiscovered yet. International and Vietnamese conservationists have given efforts to save the survivals.
- Visit a Unesco world heritage site with an expert guide.
- Learn about the history and culture of a fallen kingdom which ruled the Central coast from 2nd to mid-19th centuries.
- Featured performances of Cham artisans wearing traditional costumes.
- Immerse in a well-preserved environment with forests, streams and singing birds along the paths.
Travelers have 3 different times to depart: sunrise, morning and afternoon (or sunset).
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- 1 bottle of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center, other areas with an extra fee
- Entrance fee and Cham show ticket
Departure & Return
The guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 am or 2 pm. Then, the driver rides to My Son Sanctuary by the closest road. Travelers can request to drop off at any place in the centre of Da Nang and Hoi An when the tour ends. A small fee of transfer is charged if travelers stay in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An.
See details in My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- This experience requires good weather. In case it’s canceled, an annoucement will be made in advance.
- Set-menu lunch or dinner is available if requested, with an additional fee.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
Dress code is regulated in My Son Sanctuary but not strictly checked. Like any religious places across the country, travelers need to ensure that not too much skin are shown. Covering the airmpits, navel and knees is a must.
In the dry season (from February to August), visitors should bring sun cream, sunglasses, lightweight and cool fabric clothings. In the rest of the year, known as the wet season, rain coats/umbrellas, waterproof shoes, and more layers are necessary to prepare once hitting the road.