Full Day My Son Sanctuary Tour & Hoi An Old Town With Local
This exploration stands out because of 2 Unesco world heritage sites, the My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Ancient Town. Both won the title in the same year, 1999. While travelers have the chance to sightsee the best Hindu temples ever built by the Chams in My Son, the Old town showcases different Asian cultures. The melting pot is the busiest trading harbour of the region in the Maritime Silk Road for nearly 400 years. Nowadays, lantern streets, temples, old houses, assembly halls, bridges, markets and so on are familiar tourist spots. Hoi An also is known as the capital of tailors, and one of the most pedestrian friendly destinations.
*This tour departs from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Learn about the history and culture of the Chams and fallen Champa Kingdom which ruled the Central coast from 2nd to 19th centuries, with an expert guide.
- Stroll around lantern-lit Hoi An old quarter and explore its best historical attractions one by one. Stunning places to sightsee free, try local foods and beverages, buy souvenirs, and take epic pictures are recommended to fully enjoy.
- Have the chance to visit Vietnam’s best tailors and get a custom-made suit or other fashion garments upon personal requirements.
- Lots of photo opportunities and instagram spots.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Set-menu lunch with Vietnamese foods, vegetarian option available upon request
- 2 bottles of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center
- All entrance fees and Cham show ticket
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m. Then, the driver rides to My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Old Town. In the end of the tour, he drops off travelers in the hotel or another place in Da Nang center if requested. Picking up and dropping off in Son Tra peninsula is charged a small extra fee.
See details in My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
1 hour recommended • Vegetarian menu available if requested
(*) Picked sightseeing places for Hoi An old town ticket may be the Old House of Tan Ky, Japanese Covered Bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Traditional Art Performance House, and Museum of Trade Ceramics.
See details in Hoi An Old Town Travel Guide
See details in Hoi An Memories Show
- This experience is run with 2 travelers maximum but private one is still available. Chat with us to get the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled by poor weather, an announcement in advance and full refund will be made.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
Dress code is regulated in My Son Sanctuary and temples inside Hoi An Old Town but not strictly checked. Like any religious places across the country, travelers need to ensure that not too much skin are shown. Covering the airmpits, navel and knees is a must. There are no sarongs available there to use for free, so travelers need to buy in shops nearby if don’t cover enough.
In the dry season (from February to August), travelers should bring sun cream, sunglasses, lightweight and cool fabric clothings. In the rest of the year, known as the wet season, rain coats/umbrellas, waterproof shoes, and more layers are necessary to prepare once hitting the road. In addition, a nice pair of walking shoes is also important, because travelers will walk quite a long to explore both destinations.