Hue Day Trip from Da Nang or Hoi An via Hai Van Pass with Lunch
This day trip showcases the best historical and cultural sights in Hue, the capital city of the country in 19th and 20th century. All sites are in the Unesco world heritage site list from 1993, and each one is different from the other in type. On the way to get to Hue, the Hai Van Pass is introduced, allowing travelers a chance to discover Vietnam’s most spectacular coast road. Beside sightseeing, lunch with delicious, authentic Central Vietnamese food and a laid-back river boat ride are other parts of this package tour.
*This tour departs from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Explore the most famous Hue’s historical attraction of all times – the Imperial City and Forbidden Purple City with a knowledgeable guide
- Learn about local Buddhist culture in the oldest sanctuary Thien Mu Pagoda
- Marvel at the most unique and most lavish imperial mausoleum – Tomb of Khai Dinh Emperor
- Cruise downstream the Perfume River on a dragon boat and see how life of local people on the banks goes on
- Lots of photo opportunities
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Set-menu lunch, vegetarian option available upon request
- 2 bottles of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center, other areas with an extra fee
- All entrance fees and tickets
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m in Da Nang and 7:30 a.m in Hoi An. Then, the driver transfers to Hue via Hai Van Pass, Vietnam’s best coast road. After touring the heritage city to sightsee its highlights, he rides back to Da Nang but via Hai Van tunnel. Travelers can tell him to drop off any place in the downtown (except Son Tra peninsula).
See details in Hai Van Pass Travel Guide
See details in Lang Co Vietnam
See details in Hue Imperial City Travel Guide
See details in Thien Mu Pagoda Travel Guide
See details in Perfume River Cruise (a Guide)
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- This experience requires good weather. In case it’s canceled, an annoucement will be made in advance. The Hai Van Pass may be skipped if heavy rain or stormy weather occurs, to ensure visitor’s safety (decided by tour guide).
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
Imperial City, the Buddist temple and the emperor tomb require a dress code. In particular, travelers need to wear respectively and asked to cover armpits, navel and knees. See-through garments are not thought to be not proper to get on worshipping places. Many people choose a shirt and an above-the-know pant, and put a long piece of cloth to use later. There are no sarong or other coverings available inside the attractions, so need to buy if don’t have. On the outside of their walls, it’s possible to seek.
In the dry season (from March to August), visitors should bring sun cream, sunglasses, lightweight and cool fabric clothings. In the rest of the year, known as the wet season, rain coats/umbrellas, waterproof shoes, and more layers are necessary to prepare once hitting the road.