Hoi An Ancient Town and Countryside Tour (Bests of Hoi An Tour)
This Hoi An town and countryside tour provides stunning experiences in the countryside around Hoi An in the morning. There is a pottery making class instructed by a local artisan at her/his workshop in Thanh Ha Village, learning how to grow vegetables traditionally like a farmer at Tra Que Village and then, basket boat ride through a palm forest at the Coconut Village. Before creating the first lantern by your own hands, travelers will have lunch with delicious Mi Quang noodles (a regional specialty dish) at a well-known local restaurant.
In the rest of the tour, the focus is Hoi An Ancient Town, the most intact Asian traditional port from 15th century. It was busy with merchants coming from different parts of the world until 19th century and now, lots of construction is in a good state of preservation. Travelers will visit the Japanese bridge – the town’s emblem, old house, Chinese assembly hall, museum and places recommended by the tour guide. After it’s dark, uncountable lanterns are lit up and the town becomes such sparkling, gorgeous. No travellers miss Hoi An by night in the travel plan.
*Tour departs from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Stroll around Hoi An Ancient Town – a Unesco world heritage site, sightsee and learn about the history in the best protected buildings within this historical trade port. Meet the most reliable tailors to get a stylish custom made suit or dresses at a reasonable price.
- Have different experiences in Hoi An countryside, such as making pottery, learning farming techniques, making lanterns, basket boat ride through a nearly-pristine palm forest and how to catch fish like a local.
- Have the chance to see Hoi An town by night that is filled by colorful lantern lights and wander around the Night market. There are many options of delicious street foods to sample and cheap things to buy.
- Plenty of shopping and photo opportunities.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Lunch in a local house, vegetarian option available if requested in advance
- 2 bottles of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center and Hoi An
- All entrance fees and tickets
- Basket boat ride (2 adults will share one), farming experience, pottery making class, lantern class
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m in Da Nang or Hoi An. Then, the driver takes traveler(s) to vegetable village, pottery village, coconut village and placed mentioned in the itinerary. When the tour ends, he drops off in the hotel or another place in Da Nang center or Hoi An if requested. A small extra fee is charged for pick up and drop off in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An area.
See details in Hoi An Basket Boat Ride and Hoi An Coconut Village
See details in Thanh Ha Pottery Village
See details in Tra Que Vegetable Village
(*) Picked sightseeing places for Hoi An old town ticket may be the Old House of Tan Ky, Japanese Covered Bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Traditional Art Performance House, and Museum of Trade Ceramics.
See details in Hoi An Old Town Travel Guide
See details in Hoi An Memories Show
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
Travelers need to wear clothings that airpits, knees and navel are covered, to express the respect to the gods. Because of requiring walking many, a good pair of shows is necessary (waterproof one if in rainy season). Sun glasses, sun cream, hat/cap, mosquito repellent and rain poncho are what should be in the bag as well.