Full Day My Son Sanctuary & Hoi An Countryside Tour With Local
Chat Now for Assistance! +84968009827
This day tour covers My Son Sanctuary – a world heritage and the highlights in Hoi An’s countryside. In the holy land, visitors will visit a complex of 70 Hindu temples and ruins that date back from 4th century. All are built in a hidden and scenic stream valley surrounded by a ring of wooded hills. Many scientists believe that the place is used as a hiding place for Champa kings when conflicts occur. Building techniques of the brick towers here are not fully discovered. After having lunch in a local house, visitors will explore an almost-pristine coconut palm forest by a basket boat propelled by local fishermans. In later time, they also learn about how to catch fish, ride the buffalo like a local and learn about farming techniques in a famous vegetable village.
*Tour departs from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Learn about the history and culture of an ancient kingdom that no longer exists – the Champa. My Son is the best remains of this Hindu-followed state.
- Basket boat ride through an interlaced network of small canals inside the former hiding place of Vietcong communists during the Vietnam war. It’s also unique.
- Local experiences in the countryside that allow to understand better Vietnamese rural culture and lifestyle, such as growing and watering vegetables by a shoulder pole, buffalo riding, and folk singing.
- Suitable for those who like to explore other sides of Vietnam (Hinduism, fallen kingdom, countryside culture) and families with little ones.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Lunch in a local house, vegetarian option available if requested in advance
- 2 bottles of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center and Hoi An
- All entrance fees & tickets
- Basket boat ride, buffalo ride, farming experience with local farmer (buffalo ride can be excluded and replaced by pottery making if requested)
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m in Da Nang or Hoi An. Then, the driver takes traveler(s) to My Son Sanctuary, coconut village and placed mentioned in the itinerary. When the tour ends, he drops off in the hotel or another place in Da Nang center or Hoi An if requested. A small extra fee is charged for pick up and drop off in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An area.
See details in My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
1 hour recommended • Vegetarian menu available if requested
See details in Hoi An Basket Boat Ride and Hoi An Coconut Village
See details in Tra Que Vegetable Village
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
Travelers need to wear clothings that airpits, knees and navel are covered, to express the respect to the gods. Because of requiring walking many, a good pair of shows is necessary (waterproof one if in rainy season). Sun glasses, sun cream, hat/cap, mosquito repellent and rain poncho are what should be in the bag as well.