Hoi An Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
In this walking food tour, visitors will have an off-the-beaten-track experience in Hoi An, the Vietnamese heritage city. From mid-afternoon to evening, a variety of foods are sold in the streets, laneways and eateries. Thanks to that, visitors have the chance to see and taste different dishes, and also learn about them from a local guide. Some unique dishes are introduced, including ones which you have never seen before. Instead of busy and touristy roads, small and quiet laneways are our choices to allow “foodies” to watch the daily life of local residents, instead of borning shophouses. In workshops where makers make the foods, the guide tells stories about the family and steps to produce. After the walking tour, all members of the group will discover Hoi An in the evening, at their own leisure.
- Try many local foods, local beverages and specialties while wandering around Hoi An old town, a melting pot where people from different parts of the world exchange their culinary cultures.
- Learn about Hoi An local cuisine from a citizen guide who grew up in the city, from name, meaning of the name, ingredients, how to make, and how to eat.
- Meet and talk with local people, and even visit their house (“workshop”) where they make the foods daily to sell for markets and restaurants in town.
- Have the chance to get a lantern boat and release the candle lanterns to the river. Many photo opportunities also.
Departure & Return
Tour guide will see visitors in the meeting point, at 3 pm and then show all the foods. After the tour, visitors have time to explore Hoi An old town at your own leisure. He/she will assist to call a taxi or shuttle bus to bring you back the hotel if requested.
Food options may be changed on 1st and 15th lunar days of the month, and for vegetarians/vegans.
Read also: Hoi An Food Specialties
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
No temples and other holy places in the tour, so visitors don’t need to follow any dress regulations, just wear what they love. If you’re allergic of something, please advise us to change the food samples to make the best experience.