Hoi An City Tour with Lantern Class, Lantern Boat, Night Market & Local Food Sampling
This afternoon tour covers every highlight of Hoi An Ancient Town, a Uneso-listed world heritage site. This town played its important role in international commerce across South-east Asia, from 15th to 19th centuries. In 1999, it’s inscribed by Unesco as a world heritage site. Within the intact trade port, visitors will visit ancient constructions that belong to different groups of people, such as Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, French. Chua Cau – the Japanese Covered Bridge is the emblem of the town, appearing on the note of 20,000 VND. In addition to learning about local history and culture, the local guide recommends other highlights to allow visitors to know deeper about Hoi An. There may be making a custom made suit, tasting coffee made by local beans or learning how to create handicraft objects. In the evening, streets become so charming due to the uncountable colorful hanging lanterns. Visitors also love to stroll along the night market to buy souvenirs, taste street foods and take a boat ride.
*This tour departs from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Sightsee the best-preserved buildings and museums while wandering around old streets, allowing you to understand the history of the town. After it’s dark, enjoy the brilliant beauty of lanterns that are varied in color, size, shape and material.
- Visit top-rated tailor shops and make a custom made suit or dress inside Vietnam’s capital of tailors.
- Stroll a chaotic night market where many souvenirs and street foods are sold in vendors and small stalls, and lantern shops with a picture-perfect background.
- Enjoy a leisure ride with sampan along a canal and light up a candle paper lantern by yourself, and drop it down the water before making wishes like a local.
- Lots of shopping and photo opportunities.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- 1 bottle of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center and Hoi An, other areas with an extra fee
- Hoi An Old Town entrance fee (5 places) and lantern making class
Departure & Return
The guide will be in the hotel reception at 2 p.m. Then, the driver rides straight away to Hoi An Old Town. Travelers can request to drop off at any place in the centre of Da Nang and Hoi An when the tour ends. A small fee of transfer is charged if travelers stay in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An.
(*) Picked sightseeing places for Hoi An old town ticket may be the Old House of Tan Ky, Japanese Covered Bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Traditional Art Performance House, and Museum of Trade Ceramics.
See details in Hoi An Old Town Travel Guide
See details in Hoi An Memories Show
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- Set-menu lunch or dinner is available if requested, with an additional fee.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
In the sightseeing itinerary of Hoi An Old Town, temples and pagodas are included. Therefore, visitors need to wear respectively, just to make sure that airmpits, navel and knees are covered. If prefering a sarong instead of wearling long clothings but don’t have, it’s sold many around the town. Good shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, hat/chap and rain poncho (rainy season only) are necessary.