Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Countryside Experience With Local
This day tour allows travelers to get insight into 2 different sides of Hoi An. In the morning, walks in the Ancient town world heritage lead to vintage lantern streets and the best preserved buildings. The town is an intact international trade port that thrived from 15th to 19th centuries. As a capital of tailors, top-quality tailor shops are also recommended, to make an own custom made suit or dress. After having delicious foods cooked by a wife in a local house, fishermans propell basket boats to take travellers through a tranquil palm forest. Waterways there are small, maze-like and harbour an abundant source of fishes. Later, buffalo riding and learning how to grow and water vegetables by a shoulder pole are what to expect.
*Tour departs from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Stroll around lantern quarters and sightsee the best-preserved buildings of Hoi An ancient town – a world cultural heritage. The guide will explain lots of knowledge about the history and culture of this melting pot.
- Explore the former hiding place of Vietcong communists during the American war (1960s and 1970s) by a basket boat. It’s the only water coconut palm forest in the region.
- Local experiences that allow travelers to know about authentic Vietnamese rural life and the chance to interact with owners of the land.
- Plenty of photo and shopping opportunities.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Lunch in a local house, vegetarian option available if requested in advance
- 2 bottles of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center and Hoi An
- All entrance fees & tickets
- Basket boat ride, buffalo ride, farming experience with local farmer (buffalo ride can be excluded and replaced by pottery making if requested)
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m in Da Nang or Hoi An. Then, the driver takes traveler(s) to Hoi An ancient town, coconut village and placed mentioned in the itinerary. When the tour ends, he drops off in the hotel or another place in Da Nang center or Hoi An if requested. A small extra fee is charged for pick up and drop off in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An area.
See details in Tra Que Vegetable Village
See details in Hoi An Basket Boat Ride and Hoi An Coconut Village
1 hour recommended • Vegetarian menu available if requested
(*) Picked sightseeing places for Hoi An old town ticket may be the Old House of Tan Ky, Japanese Covered Bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Traditional Art Performance House, and Museum of Trade Ceramics.
See details in Hoi An Old Town Travel Guide
See details in Hoi An Memories Show
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
Travelers need to wear clothings that airpits, knees and navel are covered, to express the respect to the gods. Because of requiring walking many, a good pair of shows is necessary (waterproof one if in rainy season). Sun glasses, sun cream, hat/cap, mosquito repellent and rain poncho are what should be in the bag as well.