Da Nang City Tour From Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
This Da Nang city tour from the airport allows travelers to discover the most stunning attractions in Da Nang right after landing. The first place is the Museum of Cham Sculpture where the largest collection of sandstone works of art made by Cham people has been preserved. This includes some national treasures that were transported from different important archaeological sites in the region. Crossing over Han River’s bridges, the next stunner is the Marble Mountains (aka Five-Element Mountains). It boasts of the city’s oldest Buddhist temples, magnificent caves filled by holy shrines, giant trees and scenic peaks. Villagers living around its foot continue the craft in carving stone sculptures from 16th century up to date. By the same coastline, Linh Ung Pagoda and its Lady Buddha are one of the most visited sights, constructed from 2004 to 2010. Both are located in a prime location (Son Tra Peninsula) that overlook the blue sea and city’s beachfront, and lean against wooded hills.
*This tour starts from Da Nang
- Learn about the history, culture and art of Cham people who had their own kingdom (called Champa) from 2nd to 19th centuries in the Museum of Cham Sculpture.
- Trek up the Marble Mountains and open the horizon in local Buddhist culture in old temples and marvel at rock formations in caves and grottoes. Reach the highest point in the area (106m asl) where a beautiful panoramic view is taken.
- Visit Am Phu Cave “the hell” where Vietcong communists hid during the American war in 1960s and 1970s.
- Wander around Da Nang’s biggest Buddhist temple and Vietnam’s tallest statue depicting the Lady Buddha (or Goddess of Mercy), 67 meters. Local people believe that the Buddha faces the city and shelters them from disasters.
- Plenty of shopping and photo opportunities.
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the airport in the rescheduled arrival time. Then, the driver takes traveler(s) to Cham Museum, the Marble Mountains and then Linh Ung Pagoda in Son Tra Peninsula. He drops off in the hotel around Da Nang centre. A small fee will be charged if visitors would like to end the tour in somewhere in Son Tra peninsula or Hoi An.
See details in The Marble Mountains Travel Guide
See details in Linh Ung Pagoda Travel Guide
See details in Lady Buddha Da Nang Travel Guide
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
In the tour, travelers will sightsee Buddhist temples, pagodas and religion spots, therefore wearing respectively is required. Particularly, clothings of travelers need to cover airmpits, navel and knees. In the Marble Mountains and Lady Buddha Pagoda, sarongs are available for free in the doors of worshipping spaces.