Private My Son Sanctuary Sunrise or Sunset Tour
Chat Now for Assistance! +84968009827
My Son Sanctuary is a Unesco world cultural heritage site, one of the most visited attractions in the region. It owns the best preserved complex of Hindu temples built by bricks and hands of Cham people, from 4th to 13rd centuries. Building techniques of the intricate constructions are still not fully discovered. Surrounding My Son holy land is beautiful scenery, including streams, hills, forests and well-protected wildlife by man-made towers. For that reason, this “hot spot” draws so many tourists day to day, and visiting around it in the early morning or late afternoon is the best way to avoid crowds. Although largely damaged and destroyed by multiple reasons, today, Vietnamese and international conservationists have carried out wonderful works to make things glorious again.
*This tour departs from Hoi An or Da Nang
- Being first visitors in My Son Sanctuary – one of the most important archaeological sites in South-east Asia. It’s mainly used for worship of Shiva for its entire existence (900 years) and hidden in the jungle until rediscovered by the French in 19th century.
- Learn about Cham people and their past kingdom – Champa, a Hindu followed state with influences in architecture, religion and inscription from India. Champa ruled the area from 2nd to early 14th century.
- Watch traditional performances from Cham male and female artists such as Apsara dancing, blowing long flutes, festival orchestra, etc.
- Deepen the understanding about rediscovery, conservation and reconstruction history around the holy land. Many works are ongoing.
- Air-conditioning car
- Licenced and experienced driver
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- 1 bottle of water per person
- Roundtrip transfer with hotel pick up and drop off in Da Nang center, other areas with an extra fee
- Entrance fee and Cham show ticket
Departure & Return
The guide will be in the hotel reception at 5 a.m in the sunrise tour or 1:30 p.m in the sunset tour. Then, the driver rides to My Son Sanctuary by the closest road. Travelers can request to drop off at any place in the centre of Da Nang and Hoi An when the tour ends. A small fee of transfer is charged if travelers stay in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An.
See details in My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- This experience requires good weather. In case it’s canceled, an annoucement will be made in advance.
- Set-menu lunch or dinner is available if requested, with an additional fee.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
Dress code is regulated in My Son Sanctuary but not strictly checked. Like any religious places across the country, travelers need to ensure that not too much skin are shown. Covering the airmpits, navel and knees is a must.
In the dry season (from February to August), visitors should bring sun cream, sunglasses, lightweight and cool fabric clothings. In the rest of the year, known as the wet season, rain coats/umbrellas, waterproof shoes, and more layers are necessary to prepare once hitting the road.