Half-day Marble Mountains Tour from Da Nang or Hoi An
The Marble Mountains is one of the most visited attractions in the area of Da Nang and Hoi An. This famous place is known as the Five Elements Mountain because it has 5 hills that each correspond to an element in the ancient theory. There are “water”, “fire”, “wood”, “earth” and “metal”. Hon Thuy Son or “the water mountain” – with earliest Buddhist constructions, the greatest caves and scenic viewpoints are interests for the next couple of hours. During the Vietnam war, communists hid in its underground worlds and established a hospital to rescue the soldiers. In the Wandering Souls festival, crowds of locals come here to pray for their dead parents and beloved ones.
*This tour departs from Hoi An or Da Nang
- Visit the oldest Buddhist temples in the area where Vietnamese monks have practiced Buddha’s teachings from 16th century. The collection includes the first Linh Ung pagoda in its trio around Da Nang that function to shelter the city.
- Discover magnificent limestone caves and enormous chambers at different elevations. Not only rocks, there are holy temples with legends and mysteries that are interesting to listen to.
- Learn about a local handicraft that has existed for 400 years. Also, have a lot of chances to buy stone sculptures and accessories to bring home as souvenirs.
- There are lots of photo opportunities.
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m. Then, the driver rides to the Sculpture Village and then Marble Mountains. In the end of the tour, he drops off travelers in the hotel or another place in Da Nang center if requested. Picking up and dropping off in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An is charged a small extra fee.
See details in Da Nang Caves and Caverns (a Guide)
See details in The Marble Mountains Travel Guide
See details in Linh Ung Pagoda Travel Guide
See details in Lady Buddha Da Nang Travel Guide
- This experience is run with 2 travelers maximum but private one is still available. Chat with us to get the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled by poor weather, an announcement in advance and full refund will be made.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
The Marble Mountains is a Buddhist site where locals have to wear respectively (or formally), to express their respect to Buddhas and Gods. So, travelers need to follow this “rule”. Getting on favourite, comfortable garments and make sure that the airmpits, navel and knees are covered. In the pagodas around this attraction, sarongs are available for free and help someone needed. Read more information in our travel guide to the Marble Mountains.