Hoi An Old Town & Lantern Making Class (Morning Tour, Half-day)
Hoi An town was known as Faifoo by European merchants when it was a bustling trading port from 15th to 19th centuries. Besides westerners, Asian people like Japanese and Chinese also came here to seek good-quality silk and spices to bring home. This diversity of nationalities made it become a melting pot and nowadays, still visual around. There are Japanese bridge, Vietnamese residences and communal houses, Chinese assembly halls and temples, and lantern-lit streets. Due to the intactness, Unesco inscribed Hoi An’s ancient town as a world heritage site in 1999. Not all about historical sites, visitors also have the chance to see many tailor shops to make own custom made suits, souvenir stores to shop around and street food vendors to try local cuisine.
*This tour departs from Da Nang or Hoi An
- Sightsee the best preserved buildings of the most intact trade port in South east Asia, from different cultures, religions to ages. Also, learn a lot about history when following a knowledgeable tour guide. Try food and beverage specialties in town up to his/her recommendations.
- The chance to visit tailor shops to start measurements for your own personalized suits or dresses with an affordable price, in the capital of tailors.
- There are lots of photo opportunities.
- Stroll around the night market and taste delicious street food dishes (as dinner) if depart in the afternoon. Lantern boat ride is another highlight after the sunset.
Departure & Return
The guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m. Then, the driver rides straight away to Hoi An Old Town (or just walk if the hotel is near the town). Travelers can request to drop off at any place in the centre of Da Nang and Hoi An when the tour ends. A small fee of transfer is charged if travelers stay in Son Tra peninsula or South Hoi An.
(*) Picked sightseeing places for Hoi An old town ticket may be the Old House of Tan Ky, Japanese Covered Bridge, Fujian Assembly Hall, Traditional Art Performance House, and Museum of Trade Ceramics.
See details in Hoi An Old Town Travel Guide
See details in Hoi An Memories Show
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
- Set-menu lunch or dinner is available if requested, with an additional fee.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
In the sightseeing itinerary of Hoi An Old Town, temples and pagodas are included. Therefore, visitors need to wear respectively, just to make sure that airmpits, navel and knees are covered. If prefering a sarong instead of wearling long clothings but don’t have, it’s sold many around the town. Good shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, hat/chap and rain poncho (rainy season only) are necessary.