Hoi An Evening Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
Chat Now for Assistance! +84968009827
The best time to walk and try local foods in Hoi An is theevening. At the time, the food scene is the most diverse in the day. Within 4 hours, visitorswill taste around 10 different dishes and specialties, in family-run eateries andlearn about them. Their names, how to pronounce them, meaning of the names,ingredients, how to make it, and how to eat like a local. Cuisine of Hoi An is specialthanks to its history as an international trading town and a home of various nationalities.To avoid busy and noisy streets, our tour guide lead the group from place toplace through laneways. Inside small and quiet alleys, visitors have the chanceto see up-close daily life of local people. He or she gives explanations indetail, not all about things to eat but also other sides of Vietnamese culturein Hoi An.
*Visitors staying in Da Nang can pay for a transfer to Hoi An to start this evening walking food tour
- Taste many Hoi An’s local foods, see how locals make them and learn about each one from an informative English-speaking guide. Every dish has its own story.
- Explore different corners of Hoi An town via laneways where visitors can avoid traffic in major streets and touristy areas. Also, have the chance to see slices of local daily life.
- Join traditional games of Vietnamese people in the area, such as Bai choi (a bingo game) that was added in the list of unesco heritages.
- Many opportunities to take unique pictures and make friends.
- All foods and beverages mentioned in the tour itinerary
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- 1 bottle of water per person
Departure & Return
The meeting point is 533 Hai Ba Trung St (The White rose restaurant) at 5 pm and then tour guide will make the way to different spots to taste local foods. The tour finishes in Hoi An ancient town. After that, visitors can have their own time to explore it by themselves.
Food options may be changed on 1st and 15th lunar days of the month, and for vegetarians/vegans.
Other Hoi An’s specialties (chicken rice, clear dumplings/tapioca dumplings, black sesame soup, rice cake bowls/banh beo) will be flexibly aranged if above mentions are not available.
Read also: Hoi An Food Specialties
See details in Hoi An Night Market and Hoi An Lanterns
See details in Art of Bai Choi in Central Vietnam
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for childrens under 5 years old and 50% off for childrens from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- An additional fee is charged if transfers are requested, from Hoi An or Da Nang
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
No temples and other holy places in the tour, so visitors don’t need to follow any dress regulations, just wear what they love. If you’re allergic of something, please advise us to change the food samples to make the best experience.