Villages in Hoi An’s countryside provide visitors different experiences, beside peaceful sceneries and authentic life of people. A half-day tour to 3 villages (vegetable, pottery, coconut) is designed for those who love to get insight into the real Vietnam and culture of rural residents. In Thanh Ha village, people have been producing potteries and other clay items since 17th century. In Tra Que vegetable village, farmers still using traditional techniques to grow herbs, a must for any Hoi An’s food specialties. In Cam Thanh village (aka the Coconut village), fishermen access the water palm forest and catch fishes by a basket boat. Today, they use it to carry visitors around on peaceful rivers, and show their daily work and entertainment. Hoi An countryside can’t be missed in your time at Hoi An.
*Visitors need to pay for transfers from Da Nang to join this tour. Contact us to arrange
- Make pottery by hand with the instruction from local artisans in Thanh Ha pottery village. Later, visitors can bring it home as a souvenir.
- Tour around palm-lined waterways in the former hiding place of Vietcong communists in the Vietnam war, by a round bamboo boat. This ride is not seen anywhere else in the country.
- Learn how to grow herbs traditionally from a farmer in Tra Que village, from preparing soil, using tools to watering vegetable babies. Kids will love following his works.
- Have the chance to experience a water buffalo ride in the rice paddies.
- Bicycle, car or electric shuttle
- English-speaking guide
- 1 bottle of water per person
- All entrance fees & tickets: Cam Thanh coconut forest, Tra Que vegetable village, Thanh Ha pottery village
- Basket boat ride, water buffalo ride, farming experience with local farmer (buffalo ride can be excluded and replaced by lantern making if requested)
Departure & Return
Tour guide will be in the hotel reception at 8 a.m or 1:30 pm. Then, the driver takes traveler(s) to pottery village, vegetable village, coconut village and placed mentioned in the itinerary. When the tour ends, he drops off in the hotel. A small extra fee is charged for pick up and drop off in South Hoi An area (Hoiana resort for example).
See details in Hoi An Basket Boat Ride and Hoi An Coconut Village
See details in Tra Que Vegetable Village
See details in Thanh Ha Pottery Village
- This experience is run with 2 travelers minimum but private one is still available. Chat with us via whatsapp number +84968009827 for the best price.
- Confirmation may be received at time of booking.
- If traveling with kids, an announcement in advance is necessary.
- Free for children under 5 years old and 50% off for children from 5 to 10 years old, full fee for older ages.
- A small extra fee will be surcharged to pick up in the Son Tra peninsula (Da Nang) and South Hoi An area (Hoi An)
- Most travelers can participate, LGBT-friendly
- No wheelchair accessible.
How to Book & Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
No Buddhist temples and other religious places in the tour, so visitors don’t need to cover well. In sunny months (January to September), it’s necessary to bring sun cream, sun glasses, hat/cap, and long pants, long-sleeve shirt (if dont want to have tanning lines).