Located in the city of the same name, Da Nang airport is the nearest airport to Hoi An. So, if travelers want to see an extremely-colorful Lantern festival or try unique Cao lau noodle, a flight ticket to Da Nang is needed. After the arrival, they have to take another vehicle. At the moment, there are many choices for airline passengers to transfer, from taxi, shuttle bus, private car to motorcycle. Each has its own pros and cons, and the best of it meets your requirements. Thanks to construction of wide boulevards, travel time today is around an hour and the drive is without unpleasantness. This article outlines all ways to get from Da Nang airport to Hoi An, assisting you to find out the most suitable ride for yourself. Transports from the opposite direction are also included.
If exploring Da Nang first or staying overnight there, we recommend reading our guide to Get from Da Nang to Hoi An to know every possible transport currently.
Table of content
- 1 The Guide to Da Nang Airport – Closest Airport to Hoi An
- 2 Taxi From Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
- 3 Private Car From Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
- 4 Shuttle Bus From Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
- 5 Taxi and Then Da Nang Hoi An Bus
- 6 Motorcycle From Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
- 7 Hoi An to Da Nang Airport
- 8 Related Posts
- 9 My Lai Massacre Village (or Son My Memorial) in Quang Ngai
- 10 The Official Da Nang Travel Guide [MUST READ]
- 11 Da Nang Night River Cruise on Han River
- 12 Da Nang International Airport: Terminals, Transfers, More
- 13 Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
- 14 Non Nuoc Beach: The Famous Beach of Da Nang
- 15 Bach Ma National Park: Hiking, Trekking in Da Nang and Hoi An
- 16 Am Phu Cave Complete Travel Guide
- 17 Asia Park and Sun Wheel in Da Nang (Sun World Da Nang Wonders)
- 18 How to Get to Golden Bridge from Da Nang
- 19 Da Nang Food Specialties: What to Eat in Da Nang
- 20 How to Visit Golden Bridge Vietnam
- 21 Da Nang Shore Excursions: Guided Tours From Tien Sa Port
- 22 Han Market (Cho Han): Where to Shop in Da Nang?
- 23 Da Nang Cathedral (Da Nang Pink Church)
- 24 Things to Do in Ba Na Hills Besides Golden Bridge
- 25 Da Nang Half Day Tours
- 26 Da Nang Private Car and Driver
- 27 Da Nang and Hoi An Itinerary for Visitors Staying Overnight in Hoi An
- 28 Da Nang Things to Do: Guide to What to Do in Da Nang Vietnam
- 29 Da Nang Best Things to Do and Reasons
- 30 How to Get From Hoi An to Da Nang
- 31 Hoi An or Da Nang: Which is Better?
- 32 My Son Sanctuary Tour
- 33 Da Nang Best Area to Stay: Guide to Where to Stay in Da Nang
- 34 Da Nang Cave Tour: Best Underground Activities in Da Nang
- 35 Da Nang Best Time to Visit: Guide to Best Weather in Da Nang
- 36 Da Nang Weather by Month: Guide to Monthly Weather in Da Nang
- 37 What to Do in Da Nang At Night
- 38 Lang Co Vietnam Travel Guide
- 39 What to Do in Da Nang for 3 Days
- 40 My Khe Beach: A Complete Guide to Da Nang’s Best Beach
- 41 Da Nang Day Trips: Guide to Best Day Tours From Da Nang
- 42 Museums in Da Nang
- 43 Linh Ung Pagoda: Trio of Da Nang’s Holiest Mountain Temples
- 44 Da Nang Night Market: A Thing To Do in Da Nang at Night
- 45 Guide to Son Tra Mountain aka Monkey Mountain Vietnam
- 46 Ba Na Hills Tour
- 47 Da Nang Cable Car
- 48 How to Get from Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
- 49 Da Nang to Hoi An: Best Da Nang Airport Transfer and More
- 50 Hai Van Pass Da Nang: Map, Route, Weather, History, Tour
- 51 Da Nang Attractions Guide: What to See in Da Nang Vietnam?
- 52 Lady Buddha Da Nang: The Best of Monkey Mountain Vietnam
- 53 My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
- 54 Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture
- 55 Dragon Bridge Da Nang: The Fire-Breathing Da Nang Bridge
- 56 Ba Na Hills Travel Guide: A First Timer’s Complete Guide
- 57 Golden Bridge Da Nang: A Guide to The Iconic Da Nang Bridge
- 58 Da Nang Bridge: A Guide to Famous Bridges in Da Nang
- 59 Featured Experiences
- 59.0.1 Full Day My Lai Massacre Tour
- 59.0.2 Hue to Hoi An Private Car Transfer with Sightseeing (and Vice Versa)
- 59.0.3 Hue to Hoi An Motorbike Tour (and Vice Versa)
- 59.0.4 Hai Van Pass Motorbike Tour from Hoi An or Da Nang
- 59.0.5 Da Nang Night Tour From Hoi An with Local Food Dinner
- 59.0.6 Da Nang Day Trip From Hoi An with Local Food Lunch
- 59.0.7 Golden Bridge and Ba Na Hills Night Tour
- 59.0.8 Golden Hands Bridge Tour In Sunrise or Sunset (1/2 Day)
- 59.0.9 Cam Kim Island Bicycle Tour From Hoi An
- 59.0.10 Cham Island Tour From Hoi An (Group Tour)
- 59.0.11 Cham Island Tour From Da Nang (Group Tour)
- 59.0.12 Hoi An Vegetarian Food Tour
- 59.0.13 Hoi An Evening Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 59.0.14 Private Hoi An Basket Boat Tour (Shuttle Bus, Bicycle, Bike)
- 59.0.15 Half-day Am Phu Cave Tour (Private)
- 59.0.16 Hoi An Countryside Tour (Bicycle, Car, Electric Shuttle)
- 59.0.17 Da Nang Tour Package From Singapore
- 59.0.18 Hoi An Evening Tour From Da Nang
- 59.0.19 Hoi An Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 59.0.20 My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Old Town Tour with Thu Bon River Cruise
- 59.0.21 My Son Day Trip From Hoi An including Marble Mountains and Basket Boat
- 59.0.22 Half Day Hoi An City Tour With River Cruise
- 59.0.23 Son Tra Peninsula Tour with Marble Mountains (Private/Small Group)
- 59.0.24 Hue Day Trip From Hoi An with Hai Van Pass, River Cruise & Lunch
- 59.0.25 Hoi An Ancient Town and Countryside Tour (Bests of Hoi An Tour)
- 59.0.26 Hoi An Tour From Da Nang Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 59.0.27 Hoi An Day Trip From Da Nang (Marble Mountains, Basket Boat, Old Town)
- 59.0.28 Da Nang City Tour From Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 59.0.29 Hoi An City Tour with Lantern Class, Lantern Boat, Night Market & Local Food Sampling
- 59.0.30 Marble Mountains, Basket Boat Ride & Hoi An Old Town Walking Tour
- 59.0.31 Marble Mountains & Golden Bridge Day Tour with Buffet Lunch
- 59.0.32 Marble Mountains & Monkey Mountain Tour (Half-day, Private)
- 59.0.33 Private Golden Bridge Sunrise Tour (Half-day, Optional Lunch)
- 59.0.34 Hoi An Ancient Town & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 59.0.35 My Son Sanctuary & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 59.0.36 Private My Son Sanctuary Sunrise or Sunset Tour
- 59.0.37 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Countryside Experience With Local
- 59.0.38 Full Day My Son Sanctuary & Hoi An Countryside Tour With Local
- 59.0.39 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Coconut Village Experience
- 59.0.40 Son Tra Peninsula, Marble Mountains and Hoi An City Tour
- 59.0.41 Half-day Marble Mountains Tour from Da Nang or Hoi An
- 59.0.42 Da Nang Cave Tour (Half Day Underground Tour in Da Nang)
- 59.0.43 Hoi An Old Town & Lantern Making Class (Morning Tour, Half-day)
- 59.0.44 Full Day Bests of Da Nang & Hoi An Old Town Walking Tour
- 59.0.45 Full Day My Son Tour From Da Nang with Da Nang City Tour
- 59.0.46 My Son Sanctuary Tour From Hoi An or Da Nang With Local Guide
- 59.0.47 Hue Day Trip from Da Nang or Hoi An via Hai Van Pass with Lunch
- 59.0.48 Full Day Golden Bridge & Ba Na Hills Tour With Buffet Lunch
- 59.0.49 Full Day My Son Sanctuary Tour & Hoi An Old Town With Local
- 59.0.50 Half Day Da Nang Museums and Bridges
The Guide to Da Nang Airport – Closest Airport to Hoi An
Main article: Complete Guide to Da Nang Airport
A General View
Da Nang Airport is the largest airfield in the Central region of Vietnam. Each year, there are nearly 100,000 flights and 15,5 million passengers landing at this transport hub, making it just less busy than airports of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city. Not only locals living in Da Nang, Hoi An or southern part of Hue, lots of tourists choose to arrive here to travel the city. Because of no airport, it’s the best choice for those who plan to visit Hoi An.
Read also: Hoi An airport, Hue Phu Bai airport
Terminals of the Da Nang Airport
Da Nang Airport has two passenger terminals, the Domestic (T1) and the International (T2) next to it. The first facility connects with the city (and Hoi An) via Nguyen Van Linh Rd, and the second is via Duy Tan Rd. A tolling station is equipped in both roads, to collect the access fee from the cars. It’s free to exit.
Da Nang Airport to Hoi An Distance
Hoi An is some 30km to the southeast of Da Nang airport. This is the smallest distance that a passenger has to move by road if traveling by air.
Taxi From Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
Taxi is the only vehicle allowed to be near the arrival gates in Da Nang Airport. Because of that, it becomes more convenient. After the flight lands, finding the luggages and walking out, travelers have no difficulty seeing a cabbie. However, the disadvantage of the taxi ride is its high cost, more expensive than other forms of transportation.
The cost of Da Nang airport’s taxi to Hoi An is from 400,000 to 600,000 VND, depending on different companies, number of seats and hotel location. At the moment, the toll fee is free (to leave the airport). “Waiting fee” may be the only thing visitors may pay extra, if would like to stop in an attraction to sightsee long enough. Each hour costs around 50,000 VND. Local companies explain that during the passenger’s visit, the rider still works, to ensure security of the luggages. Meanwhile, he also misses other rides (to improve income). Museum of Cham Sculpture and the Marble Mountains are the most popular stops.
Private Car From Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
A transfer from Da Nang airport to Hoi An is cheaper than a taxi ride. Its cost ranges from 200,000 to 500,000 VND for a four-seat car that is fitted to couples, families and small groups. No extra cost is another difference to taxis, except when the passengers want to change the itinerary. After the aircraft lands, the rider will stand in the arrival gate with a name board on hand, to let the travelers see him easily. Then, he leads the way to the car, it’s a short walk. If booking in some travel apps or webpages, the book-ers may have to walk to a pre-announced location, to meet the driver.
Travelers can book a private car from Da Nang to Hoi An offline and online. However, to make things easier, online booking is a priority. Travel webpages, phone apps, guide books, official sites of local tour operators and providers, and the hotel are places where people may help. Should choose a reliable one, and to know that, checking carefully reviews from past passengers. Recommendation from friends who ever traveled to the cities, is also helpful.
To save time, we may assist you to find a nice private car after landing. Text your requirements in our whatsapp number +84968009827.
Shuttle Bus From Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
Purchasing a seat in a shuttle bus to get to Hoi An from Da Nang, is the smartest way for solo travelers. Advantage of this shared transport is lower price than cars, but still air-conditioning, convenient and comfortable. Both online and offline bookings can be made, but online one is more popular on the way from Da Nang to Hoi An, and the offline one may be selected more vice versa. Disadvantages are expensive if purchasing tickets with a family or group of friends.
The Hoi An Express arranges a daily shuttle bus every 2 hours, from Da Nang airport to its office in Hoi An’s city centre. Airline passengers can book to depart at 6 a.m, 8 a.m, 10 a.m, …10 p.m. The route includes Nguyen Van Linh Rd, Cham Museum, My Khe beach, An Bang beach and Cua Dai beach. All hotels in the center of Hoi An are drop off points. Ticket price is 6 USD, and if canceling at least 24 hours in advance, it’s free but full charge when announcing later or no show. Many travel sites (including official site hoianexpress.com.vn) sell this shuttle. In the direction from Hoi An to Da Nang, the bus picks up at hotels across Hoi An, and then moves along the same route.
Taxi and Then Da Nang Hoi An Bus
If don’t have many (or heavy) luggages, travelers can choose to get on Da Nang Hoi An Bus (No.1 Bus). It’s cheap, but requires two short transfers, to get on the nearest pick-up point and from drop-off point to hotel. In case your accommodation is within a walking distance, only a ride is needed. From the international terminal, telling the rider to go to the station in the Cham Museum. Tran Thi Ly Bridge station (same riverbank) will be the stop if departing from the domestic terminal. After 10 minutes, the bill for a 4-seat taxi is roughly 40,000 VND. Bus frequency is 30 minutes and the ticket price is 20,000 VND. The route is Nui Thanh-Tran Thi Ly bridge-Ngu Hanh Son-Le Van Hien-DT603-Nguyen Tat Thanh-Hoi An bus station.
Motorcycle From Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
Xe om, or the motorcycle taxi is a special ride. The riders can be seen near the entrance of transport hubs or busy crossroads, and often are middle-aged men. Due to security regulations, these are not allowed to be in the arrival halls of the terminals. Airline passengers have to walk outside, to Duy Tan Rd if would like to take it. From Da Nang airport to Hoi An, the cost is 150,000 VND minimum. It’s only feasible in the case that there are not many luggages to travel with.
Grab is another choice, a phone app where the riders are found automatically after typing pick-up and drop-off places. A clear price is shown, helping (foreign) tourists to avoid overpriced journeys. The Vietnamese sim card is required and it’s possible to pay by card. Price is quite the same, but may be more expensive during rush hours (the heaviest traffic time like before and after the official working hours).
The best Da Nang airport transfer is by private car, because of its cheaper price than taxi, flexibility in nearly 24 hours a day and comfort in any weather. When book, should choose a dependable provider to avoid disapppointments. Text us in whatsapp number +84968009827 if need one.
Hoi An to Da Nang Airport
Read also: How to Get from Hoi An to Da Nang
Travel Time from Hoi An to Danang Airport
It takes 45 minutes to one hour by car to get to Da Nang airport from Hoi An. To ensure a smoothly run travel, visitors are advised to depart 3 hours before the departure. In case of an early morning or late-night ride, it’s possible to reduce this time to 2,5 hours. If planning to sightsee in-between attractions such as the Marble Mountains, Cham Museum or somewhere else, rescheduling well to enjoy everything without rush.
The Best Transport from Hoi An to Danang Airport
There are many forms of transport travelers can choose to get to Da Nang airport from Hoi An. If you already have your own choice already, that’s great, but if not, we recommend reading our comparisons below. The best selection is what you like most.
-Taxi: don’t need to book in advance, pick up at all places, but most expensive.
-Private car: pick up at all places, cheapest option for families and groups, suitable for early morning or late transfer, but need to research or book early (at least a few days before departure, more in tourist seasons).
-Shuttle bus: best fit to solo travelers, inexpensive price but only available at fixed times throughout the day and drop off in major streets, longer ride than by car.
-Public bus: really cheap, available throughout the daytime but have to come to the stations, a 2km ride required to get to terminals from the nearest drop-off points, no seatings in busy hours.
-Motorcycle: lowest price but needed to rent in Da Nang previously, only suitable for little or light luggages.
Looking for a private airport transfer? We may help, please text your requirements in our whatsapp number +84968009827.
The Cost and Extra Costs
If being a solo traveler, couple or small family, the most expensive ride to get to Da Nang airport from Hoi An is by taxi. Its fare ranges from 400,000 to 600,000 VND (30km). Airport entrance toll fee will be surcharged in the bill. Better deals can be found if changing to find a private car rental. A reasonable price of this transport ranges from 200,000 to 400,000 VND. With a promotion or good relationship, it may be cheaper. Instead of purchasing a whole car, booking a seat in buses definitely is more budget-friendly. Tourist shuttle bus organizers may sell a ticket for a few dollars. Public buses are cheaper, only 20,000 VND. If would like to experience a xe om ride (motorcycle taxi), travelers may pay from 150,000 VND.
Price of a private car from Da Nang airport to anywhere in Da Nang city’s borders (like hotel) is from 250,000 to 500,000 VND depending on the location of the place. Text us in whatsapp number +84968009827 if need one.