If visit the night markets already and look for something different to do, travelers can go on a cruise on the river. From the boat, passengers will see the city and the life along the waterfronts, and enjoy cool breezes. Apart from Hoi An – an ancient heritage town, the traditional ‘look’ of Vietnam is replaced by modern designs, especially bridges, parks, high-rise buildings and a huge wheel. On the other hand, to see all of them, a motorbike or car ride is impossible. So, the river cruise is the only choice.
This article is all about the river cruise on the Han river in Da Nang. It’s one of the most popular activities at night for travelers here. The most special experience is watching the show at the Dragon bridge or the fireworks at the International fireworks festival each year. For further details, please see below.
Table of content
- 1 About the Han River in Da Nang
- 2 The Han River Port Location and How to Get There
- 3 Da Nang Han River Cruise Timings
- 4 Han River Cruise Da Nang Ticket and Price
- 5 What to Expect in Da Nang Night River Cruise Ride?
- 6 Other Boat Trips in Da Nang and Nearby Cities
- 7 What to Do Before the Han River Cruise
- 8 Things to Do in Da Nang at Night Besides River Cruise
- 9 Da Nang Evening Tour with Local Guide
- 10 Song Han Port on Google Maps
- 11 Related Posts
- 12 My Lai Massacre Village (or Son My Memorial) in Quang Ngai
- 13 The Official Da Nang Travel Guide [MUST READ]
- 14 Da Nang Night River Cruise on Han River
- 15 Da Nang International Airport: Terminals, Transfers, More
- 16 Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
- 17 Non Nuoc Beach: The Famous Beach of Da Nang
- 18 Bach Ma National Park: Hiking, Trekking in Da Nang and Hoi An
- 19 Am Phu Cave Complete Travel Guide
- 20 Asia Park and Sun Wheel in Da Nang (Sun World Da Nang Wonders)
- 21 How to Get to Golden Bridge from Da Nang
- 22 Da Nang Food Specialties: What to Eat in Da Nang
- 23 How to Visit Golden Bridge Vietnam
- 24 Da Nang Shore Excursions: Guided Tours From Tien Sa Port
- 25 Han Market (Cho Han): Where to Shop in Da Nang?
- 26 Da Nang Cathedral (Da Nang Pink Church)
- 27 Things to Do in Ba Na Hills Besides Golden Bridge
- 28 Da Nang Half Day Tours
- 29 Da Nang Private Car and Driver
- 30 Da Nang and Hoi An Itinerary for Visitors Staying Overnight in Hoi An
- 31 Da Nang Things to Do: Guide to What to Do in Da Nang Vietnam
- 32 Da Nang Best Things to Do and Reasons
- 33 How to Get From Hoi An to Da Nang
- 34 Hoi An or Da Nang: Which is Better?
- 35 My Son Sanctuary Tour
- 36 Da Nang Best Area to Stay: Guide to Where to Stay in Da Nang
- 37 Da Nang Cave Tour: Best Underground Activities in Da Nang
- 38 Da Nang Best Time to Visit: Guide to Best Weather in Da Nang
- 39 Da Nang Weather by Month: Guide to Monthly Weather in Da Nang
- 40 What to Do in Da Nang At Night
- 41 Lang Co Vietnam Travel Guide
- 42 What to Do in Da Nang for 3 Days
- 43 My Khe Beach: A Complete Guide to Da Nang’s Best Beach
- 44 Da Nang Day Trips: Guide to Best Day Tours From Da Nang
- 45 Museums in Da Nang
- 46 Linh Ung Pagoda: Trio of Da Nang’s Holiest Mountain Temples
- 47 Da Nang Night Market: A Thing To Do in Da Nang at Night
- 48 Guide to Son Tra Mountain aka Monkey Mountain Vietnam
- 49 Ba Na Hills Tour
- 50 Da Nang Cable Car
- 51 How to Get from Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
- 52 Da Nang to Hoi An: Best Da Nang Airport Transfer and More
- 53 Hai Van Pass Da Nang: Map, Route, Weather, History, Tour
- 54 Da Nang Attractions Guide: What to See in Da Nang Vietnam?
- 55 Lady Buddha Da Nang: The Best of Monkey Mountain Vietnam
- 56 My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
- 57 Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture
- 58 Dragon Bridge Da Nang: The Fire-Breathing Da Nang Bridge
- 59 Ba Na Hills Travel Guide: A First Timer’s Complete Guide
- 60 Golden Bridge Da Nang: A Guide to The Iconic Da Nang Bridge
- 61 Da Nang Bridge: A Guide to Famous Bridges in Da Nang
- 62 Ba Na Hills Cable Car: World Record, Cost, Reschedule, Map
- 63 Da Nang Mountain Temple: Marble Mountain’s Pagodas, More
- 64 Da Nang Caves: Underground World of the Marble Mountains
- 65 The Marble Mountains: Guide to Da Nang’s Iconic Mountain
- 66 Featured Tours and Experiences
- 66.0.1 Full Day My Lai Massacre Tour
- 66.0.2 Hue to Hoi An Private Car Transfer with Sightseeing (and Vice Versa)
- 66.0.3 Hue to Hoi An Motorbike Tour (and Vice Versa)
- 66.0.4 Hai Van Pass Motorbike Tour from Hoi An or Da Nang
- 66.0.5 Da Nang Night Tour From Hoi An with Local Food Dinner
- 66.0.6 Da Nang Day Trip From Hoi An with Local Food Lunch
- 66.0.7 Golden Bridge and Ba Na Hills Night Tour
- 66.0.8 Golden Hands Bridge Tour In Sunrise or Sunset (1/2 Day)
- 66.0.9 Cam Kim Island Bicycle Tour From Hoi An
- 66.0.10 Cham Island Tour From Hoi An (Group Tour)
- 66.0.11 Cham Island Tour From Da Nang (Group Tour)
- 66.0.12 Hoi An Vegetarian Food Tour
- 66.0.13 Hoi An Evening Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 66.0.14 Private Hoi An Basket Boat Tour (Shuttle Bus, Bicycle, Bike)
- 66.0.15 Half-day Am Phu Cave Tour (Private)
- 66.0.16 Hoi An Countryside Tour (Bicycle, Car, Electric Shuttle)
- 66.0.17 Da Nang Tour Package From Singapore
- 66.0.18 Hoi An Evening Tour From Da Nang
- 66.0.19 Hoi An Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 66.0.20 My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Old Town Tour with Thu Bon River Cruise
- 66.0.21 My Son Day Trip From Hoi An including Marble Mountains and Basket Boat
- 66.0.22 Half Day Hoi An City Tour With River Cruise
- 66.0.23 Son Tra Peninsula Tour with Marble Mountains (Private/Small Group)
- 66.0.24 Hue Day Trip From Hoi An with Hai Van Pass, River Cruise & Lunch
- 66.0.25 Hoi An Ancient Town and Countryside Tour (Bests of Hoi An Tour)
- 66.0.26 Hoi An Tour From Da Nang Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 66.0.27 Hoi An Day Trip From Da Nang (Marble Mountains, Basket Boat, Old Town)
- 66.0.28 Da Nang City Tour From Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 66.0.29 Hoi An City Tour with Lantern Class, Lantern Boat, Night Market & Local Food Sampling
- 66.0.30 Marble Mountains, Basket Boat Ride & Hoi An Old Town Walking Tour
- 66.0.31 Marble Mountains & Golden Bridge Day Tour with Buffet Lunch
- 66.0.32 Marble Mountains & Monkey Mountain Tour (Half-day, Private)
- 66.0.33 Private Golden Bridge Sunrise Tour (Half-day, Optional Lunch)
- 66.0.34 Hoi An Ancient Town & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 66.0.35 My Son Sanctuary & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 66.0.36 Private My Son Sanctuary Sunrise or Sunset Tour
- 66.0.37 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Countryside Experience With Local
- 66.0.38 Full Day My Son Sanctuary & Hoi An Countryside Tour With Local
- 66.0.39 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Coconut Village Experience
- 66.0.40 Son Tra Peninsula, Marble Mountains and Hoi An City Tour
About the Han River in Da Nang
The Han river is the river flowing through Da Nang city centre. It’s 7 kilometers long, starting from the confluence between Cam Le river and Vinh Dien canal, and then joins the sea (Da Nang bay). On its left bank, there is Hai Chau district – the downtown of the city, and Son Tra district, Ngu Hanh Son district are on its right bank. Before 2000, there was no bridge across this river but now the city built 7 bridges to connect two sides. For that reason, Da Nang is titled ‘the city of bridges’ . See more details in https://centralvietnamguide.com/han-river-da-nang.
The Han River Port Location and How to Get There
Where is the Han River Port?
The Han river port (Vietnamese: Cang Song Han) is on the left bank of the Han river, stretching along Bach Dang street, from Ly Tu Trong street crossroad to Tran Quy Cap street crossroad. This is the largest of its kind in the city.
Travelers can walk to the Han river port if the hotel is within walking distance. Hotels to the north of the Han river bridge are close, for example, Novotel hotel, Hilton hotel or Vinpearl Riverfront hotel.
This river port is right in Da Nang city centre, therefore travelers can get there by taxi. The taxi fare here is metered, around 15,000 VND for each kilometer. Passengers can’t request to go to a place nearer than 1 km (so just walk). It takes around 15 minutes to drive from the Da Nang airport to the port (the distance is 4,5 km). If stay over in My Khe beach area, the travel time is between 10 and 20 minutes because the distance is from 3 to 5 km.
From Hoi An, the average distance to the Han river port is 30 km. By that, the drive is 45 to 60 minutes long, depending on the traffic. Contact us in whatsapp number +84968009827 to book our private car from Hoi An to anywhere in Da Nang centre, with a good price.
It’s easy to ride a motorbike or bicycle to the Han river port from the rest of Da Nang city. The direction is simple, just looking for the shortest way to reach the Novotel hotel and then the port is to the left of its entrance. Da Nang is the city in which traffic is relatively light and safe thanks to its organized planning with boulevards. Just choose the big roads to go! Parking fee is 5,000 VND, and it’s out of service at 10 pm.
From Hoi An, there are two main roads to go to Da Nang: the inner road and the coastal road. Local people often select the second route because the traffic there is lower. At first, travelers need to find the quickest way to come to the crossroad Hai Ba Trung vs Lac Long Quan. A traffic light stands here. Then, turn left and follow that road until the roundabout at My Khe beach (on Google maps: 16°03’50.5″N 108°14’44.0″E). Turn left again, keep riding on Vo Van Kiet Rd, across the Dragon bridge and at its end, turn right (permitted on red). Follow this Bach Dang Rd until the Novotel hotel. The port and parking lots are to the left hand side (the riverside).
There are some public buses picking up and dropping off passengers at the Han river port. This is the cheapest vehicle to get it from Da Nang (no bus from Hoi An).
Da Nang Han River Cruise Timings
Each river cruise has 4 boat trips available every night, starting from 6 pm, 7 pm, 8 pm and 9 pm. Passengers are advised to be in the Han river port at least 20 minutes before the departure. At 6:15 pm, 7:15 pm, 8:15 pm, and 9:15 pm, the cruises will embark and travel on the river for about 45 minutes.
The best time to go on the Han river cruise is 8 pm because visitors can see the Dragon bridge fire show. Other trips provide similar things. Travelers must reserve the seats in advance.
Han River Cruise Da Nang Ticket and Price
The official ticket price of a night river cruise on Han river in Da Nang is 150,000 VND for adults and it’s cheaper for children. No matter when to go, visitors will pay the same. Groups have a better rate if book via local travel agencies or companies, instead of getting tickets directly at the harbour. Text us in whatsapp number +84968009827 or email@example.com to let us help you.
The ticket price includes a seat (with table), a short traditional Cham dance, bottled fresh water, free karaoke singing and tropical fruits. Exclusions are extra drinks and foods (like cold beers), personal expenses, transport, hotel pick up, etc.
What to Expect in Da Nang Night River Cruise Ride?
The Dragon Bridge Show
The fire and water show at the Dragon bridge happens every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It starts at 9 pm, and ends 30 minutes later. In which, visitors will see fire first and then water breathed from the mouth of the dragon. This is one of the highlights in Da Nang at night.
A perfect way to watch the Dragon bridge fire and water show is from a cruise. Visitors must book an 8 o’clock trip and make sure that tickets are booked in advance. All tourists like to do the same, so when time is close, it’s very difficult to find a seat (of course, the police don’t allow more people to go in the cruise than regulation). Please go early to the Han river port to buy your tickets or purchase/reserve tickets at online reliable sites as soon as possible, especially families. We can help so please text/call us in whatsapp number +84968009827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After getting tickets, visitors have to wait and queue up at a designated spot (in front of official ticket counters). Then, staff will take passengers to the ticket check point, go through the security and to the cruise. Because the Han river port is important for the army, the security is strictly guaranteed, but easy to process.
The International Fireworks Festival
Watching fireworks from the river cruise is amongst the best options for every Da Nang International fireworks festival. When the competitions of lights occur, the fire and water show at the Dragon bridge is shut (not available). From the boat, passengers have a great chance to admire such colorful performances and photograph them.
The festival takes place in dry months yearly, usually between April and August. Its reschedule in recent years shows that semi-final competitions will be on 3 or 4 Saturdays, and the final night is on the next week. The host – Da Nang city team and other foreign representatives will compete with each other by the finest performances they can. Read more information in https://centralvietnamguide.com/da-nang-international-fireworks-festival/.
Cruises to see fireworks for sure will be overbooked during the festival. If plan to do so, please reserve the tickets as early as possible, especially when traveling with many people. The price is definitely more expensive than usual. Please check it directly with the river cruise providers.
Note: During the fireworks festival, traffic is very high and packed. Please go to the Han river port early to avoid any disappointments.
Bridges Across the Han River
Da Nang is known as the “city of bridges”. In a cruise trip on Han river, passengers will have a chance to see 5 bridges – Thuan Phuoc bridge, the Han river bridge, the Dragon bridge, Nguyen Van Troi bridge and Tran Thi Ly bridge, and go under 2 bridges – the Han river bridge and the Dragon bridge. The distance is ideal to photograph them and take pictures for the whole group at the front deck. Please remember not to cover the vision of the captain (he will use the horn to warm passengers!). Here is the best spot to watch the fire show at the Dragon bridge weekly or fireworks yearly and catch cool breezes.
You can see full details in our guide to the bridges in Da Nang.
Other Boat Trips in Da Nang and Nearby Cities
Hoi An: Basket Boat Ride in Palm Forest
Cam Thanh coconut village is 30 km south of Da Nang city centre, in Hoi An’s countryside. It’s famous for the basket boat tour in which visitors travel on peaceful rivers and through a lush palm forest. This experience is unique to Hoi An. During the Vietnam war, the forest was the hiding place of Vietcong communists.
Price: 150,000 to 250,000 VND per adult
Entrance fee: 30,000 VND for adults
Hue: Dragon Cruise on the Perfume River
Hue is the ancient capital city of Vietnam, and the kings of Hue ruled the country until 1945. In any Hue city tours or day trip from Da Nang to Hue, it’s in the itinerary. The most popular ride by the dragon boat is going from Thien Mu pagoda – the most famous Buddhist temple of Hue back to the city downtown. It’s about 30 minutes long. During that time, passengers will see buildings and life of people along the waterfronts (like kids swimming in the river, fisherman catching clams).
Price: depending on the itinerary, all-day available (contact us via whatsapp +84968009827 to know the best price)
Hoi An: Lantern Boat Ride on Hoai River
In the evening, visitors will see sampan boats cruising the Hoai river in the heart of Hoi An ancient town. Local people have it and release paper lanterns to make wishes every full moon night. This is a must do activity in town, and visitors only need to go to ticket offices along the river. The ride will be 15 minutes (if want it more, please purchase again). From the boat, Hoi An looks so brilliant when it’s filled by lantern lights and the atmosphere is really vibrant, lively. There are definitely many opportunities to hunt for nice pictures.
Price: 150,000 VND for groups of 1 to 3 people, 200,000 VND for groups of 4 and 5 people, 5 passengers maximum, excluding paper lanterns
Hoi An: Cruise Ride on Thu Bon River
Thu Bon river is the longest river in the Da Nang Hoi An region. It’s source is the highest peaks of the Annamite range, and then flows into the sea. Hoi An old town is close to its estuary. From here, visitors can get on a wooden cruise to travel downstream or upstream. Along the banks of Thu Bon river, there are tranquil rural villages, fishing villages with nets, and gardens. The best time is around sunset. These are popular trips:
– Hoi An old town to Thanh Ha pottery village and Kim Bong carpentry village
– Hoi An old town to the Hoi An memories island and see sunset
– Hoi An old town to Cua Dai bridge and back
Price: depending on the itinerary, all-day available (contact us via whatsapp +84968009827 to know the best price)
We have a comprehensive travel guide to Thu Bon river cruise in Hoi An, please see it here.
What to Do Before the Han River Cruise
Travelers can go to a Vietnamese restaurant near the port to dine out once go on the cruise trip. Along Bach Dang street waterfronts, there are a couple of top venues to choose from, and it’s needed to reserve a table there in advance, especially weekends or high tourist seasons.
Before it’s dark, the Da Nang museum within Dien Hai fortress, Da Nang fine art museum, Han market, Da Nang cathedral (aka ‘Pink church’) are attractions not far away from the port. If don’t walk, travelers can take a taxi whenever they want and the cost is not much.
Things to Do in Da Nang at Night Besides River Cruise
In the evening, besides the river cruise on Han river, travelers can consider to do these activities or see these places:
– Son Tra night market (sunset to 10 pm daily, closed when it rains heavily)
– the Asia park and the Sunwheel – one of world’s tallest observation wheel
– Ba Na nights by night (during dry months, often from April to end of September)
– Try local street foods
– Pubs and clubs on Bach Dang waterfront
For all of what you can do in Da Nang at night, please browse our article in https://centralvietnamguide.com/what-to-do-in-da-nang-at-night/
Da Nang Evening Tour with Local Guide
We have a guided tour with a local guide to explore Da Nang city in the evening. Travelers will experience the river cruise on Han river to see bridges and photograph. On the weekend, of course, the fire and water show at the Dragon bridge. Before on board, our guide and driver introduce delicious Da Nang’s local food specialties and famous tourist attractions.
From Da Nang or Hoi An, it’s possible to include the Marble mountains, Lady Buddha in Linh Ung pagoda or Cham museum in this Da Nang evening tour. Just go earlier.
Please text/call us in whatsapp number +84968009827 or email@example.com to chat with us.