See fireworks in Da Nang? Why not? Here, an international fireworks competition is organized yearly, showing extremely creative performances from experts worldwide. The Han river flowing through its centre, is the source of inspiration, the theme and the main stage.
Not just battles of lights, the Da Nang international fireworks festival gives the city a vibrant atmosphere and a large revenue from tourists. All citizens are excited and watch every single match, from any spots as possible as they can. They are happy with colorful lights flying up in the sky, and can’t take their eyes off (also can’t stop saying wow!). It is like another New year festival coming to Da Nang. For travelers, this festival is a good time to immerse themselves in a local special event.
This article totally focuses on the Da Nang international fireworks festival, one of the most special events in Da Nang city. If plan to visit Vietnam in dry months – April to July, this is a good choice for an evening activity. During the day, there are many other side events and things to do, don’t forget checking the reschedule to make your traveling time filled with fun.
Table of content
- 1 General View about the Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
- 2 Da Nang International Fireworks Festival Over Years
- 2.1 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2008: Tien Sa Dance
- 2.2 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2009: The Echoes of Han River
- 2.3 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2010: Legend of Han River
- 2.4 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2011: The Sparkling Han River
- 2.5 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2012: The Colors of Da Nang
- 2.6 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2013: The Love for Han River
- 2.7 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2015: The Symphony of Colors
- 2.8 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2017: Shining the Marble Mountains
- 2.9 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2018: Legend of the Bridges
- 2.10 Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2019: The Story of Rivers
- 3 Da Nang International Fireworks Festival 2023
- 4 The Official Stand of Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
- 5 Other Places to See Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
- 6 Travel Tips for Da Nang Fireworks Festival
- 7 Da Nang Fireworks Festival Traffic Map
- 8 Related Posts
- 9 My Lai Massacre Village (or Son My Memorial) in Quang Ngai
- 10 The Official Da Nang Travel Guide [MUST READ]
- 11 Da Nang Night River Cruise on Han River
- 12 Da Nang International Airport: Terminals, Transfers, More
- 13 Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
- 14 Non Nuoc Beach: The Famous Beach of Da Nang
- 15 Bach Ma National Park: Hiking, Trekking in Da Nang and Hoi An
- 16 Am Phu Cave Complete Travel Guide
- 17 Asia Park and Sun Wheel in Da Nang (Sun World Da Nang Wonders)
- 18 How to Get to Golden Bridge from Da Nang
- 19 Da Nang Food Specialties: What to Eat in Da Nang
- 20 How to Visit Golden Bridge Vietnam
- 21 Da Nang Shore Excursions: Guided Tours From Tien Sa Port
- 22 Han Market (Cho Han): Where to Shop in Da Nang?
- 23 Da Nang Cathedral (Da Nang Pink Church)
- 24 Things to Do in Ba Na Hills Besides Golden Bridge
- 25 Da Nang Half Day Tours
- 26 Da Nang Private Car and Driver
- 27 Da Nang and Hoi An Itinerary for Visitors Staying Overnight in Hoi An
- 28 Da Nang Things to Do: Guide to What to Do in Da Nang Vietnam
- 29 Da Nang Best Things to Do and Reasons
- 30 How to Get From Hoi An to Da Nang
- 31 Hoi An or Da Nang: Which is Better?
- 32 My Son Sanctuary Tour
- 33 Da Nang Best Area to Stay: Guide to Where to Stay in Da Nang
- 34 Da Nang Cave Tour: Best Underground Activities in Da Nang
- 35 Da Nang Best Time to Visit: Guide to Best Weather in Da Nang
- 36 Da Nang Weather by Month: Guide to Monthly Weather in Da Nang
- 37 What to Do in Da Nang At Night
- 38 Lang Co Vietnam Travel Guide
- 39 What to Do in Da Nang for 3 Days
- 40 My Khe Beach: A Complete Guide to Da Nang’s Best Beach
- 41 Da Nang Day Trips: Guide to Best Day Tours From Da Nang
- 42 Museums in Da Nang
- 43 Linh Ung Pagoda: Trio of Da Nang’s Holiest Mountain Temples
- 44 Da Nang Night Market: A Thing To Do in Da Nang at Night
- 45 Guide to Son Tra Mountain aka Monkey Mountain Vietnam
- 46 Ba Na Hills Tour
- 47 Da Nang Cable Car
- 48 How to Get from Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
- 49 Da Nang to Hoi An: Best Da Nang Airport Transfer and More
- 50 Hai Van Pass Da Nang: Map, Route, Weather, History, Tour
- 51 Da Nang Attractions Guide: What to See in Da Nang Vietnam?
- 52 Lady Buddha Da Nang: The Best of Monkey Mountain Vietnam
- 53 My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
- 54 Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture
- 55 Dragon Bridge Da Nang: The Fire-Breathing Da Nang Bridge
- 56 Ba Na Hills Travel Guide: A First Timer’s Complete Guide
- 57 Golden Bridge Da Nang: A Guide to The Iconic Da Nang Bridge
- 58 Da Nang Bridge: A Guide to Famous Bridges in Da Nang
- 59 Ba Na Hills Cable Car: World Record, Cost, Reschedule, Map
- 60 Da Nang Mountain Temple: Marble Mountain’s Pagodas, More
- 61 Da Nang Caves: Underground World of the Marble Mountains
- 62 The Marble Mountains: Guide to Da Nang’s Iconic Mountain
- 63 Featured Tours and Experiences
- 63.0.1 Full Day My Lai Massacre Tour
- 63.0.2 Hue to Hoi An Private Car Transfer with Sightseeing (and Vice Versa)
- 63.0.3 Hue to Hoi An Motorbike Tour (and Vice Versa)
- 63.0.4 Hai Van Pass Motorbike Tour from Hoi An or Da Nang
- 63.0.5 Da Nang Night Tour From Hoi An with Local Food Dinner
- 63.0.6 Da Nang Day Trip From Hoi An with Local Food Lunch
- 63.0.7 Golden Bridge and Ba Na Hills Night Tour
- 63.0.8 Golden Hands Bridge Tour In Sunrise or Sunset (1/2 Day)
- 63.0.9 Cam Kim Island Bicycle Tour From Hoi An
- 63.0.10 Cham Island Tour From Hoi An (Group Tour)
- 63.0.11 Cham Island Tour From Da Nang (Group Tour)
- 63.0.12 Hoi An Vegetarian Food Tour
- 63.0.13 Hoi An Evening Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 63.0.14 Private Hoi An Basket Boat Tour (Shuttle Bus, Bicycle, Bike)
- 63.0.15 Half-day Am Phu Cave Tour (Private)
- 63.0.16 Hoi An Countryside Tour (Bicycle, Car, Electric Shuttle)
- 63.0.17 Da Nang Tour Package From Singapore
- 63.0.18 Hoi An Evening Tour From Da Nang
- 63.0.19 Hoi An Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 63.0.20 My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Old Town Tour with Thu Bon River Cruise
- 63.0.21 My Son Day Trip From Hoi An including Marble Mountains and Basket Boat
- 63.0.22 Half Day Hoi An City Tour With River Cruise
- 63.0.23 Son Tra Peninsula Tour with Marble Mountains (Private/Small Group)
- 63.0.24 Hue Day Trip From Hoi An with Hai Van Pass, River Cruise & Lunch
- 63.0.25 Hoi An Ancient Town and Countryside Tour (Bests of Hoi An Tour)
- 63.0.26 Hoi An Tour From Da Nang Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 63.0.27 Hoi An Day Trip From Da Nang (Marble Mountains, Basket Boat, Old Town)
- 63.0.28 Da Nang City Tour From Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 63.0.29 Hoi An City Tour with Lantern Class, Lantern Boat, Night Market & Local Food Sampling
- 63.0.30 Marble Mountains, Basket Boat Ride & Hoi An Old Town Walking Tour
- 63.0.31 Marble Mountains & Golden Bridge Day Tour with Buffet Lunch
- 63.0.32 Marble Mountains & Monkey Mountain Tour (Half-day, Private)
- 63.0.33 Private Golden Bridge Sunrise Tour (Half-day, Optional Lunch)
- 63.0.34 Hoi An Ancient Town & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 63.0.35 My Son Sanctuary & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 63.0.36 Private My Son Sanctuary Sunrise or Sunset Tour
- 63.0.37 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Countryside Experience With Local
- 63.0.38 Full Day My Son Sanctuary & Hoi An Countryside Tour With Local
- 63.0.39 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Coconut Village Experience
- 63.0.40 Son Tra Peninsula, Marble Mountains and Hoi An City Tour
General View about the Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
The Da Nang international fireworks festival (or Da Nang fireworks festival, Da Nang fireworks competition, Da Nang international fireworks competition, DIFF) is the signature festival of Da Nang. This prestigious occasion firstly held in 2008, with 4 countries participating and in the latest festival, it’s up to 8. The host city will represent Vietnam to compete with experienced candidates from all continents and show its best performance on the opening night. Most displays will be broadcasted on Vietnam’s and Da Nang’s television channels.
The most recent Da Nang international fireworks festival was held in 2023, and it’s the 11st competition. Together with side events, during this time of organization, there are nearly 1 million of tourists visiting Da Nang. Absolutely, it contributed a lot to the local economy. The defending champion is from Italy and the first runner up is from France.
Read festivals in Da Nang during the year to participate when you come in their times.
Fact: During the competitions, some activities are shut, including the water and fire show at the Dragon bridge. Many streets are also blocked.
Da Nang International Fireworks Festival Over Years
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2008: Tien Sa Dance
The first Da Nang international fireworks festival took place on 27th and 28th March 2008. City leaders aimed to commemorate the 33rd Da Nang liberation day (29th March 1975) and to boost the local tourism industry. Vietnam (represented by Da Nang city), Canada, Malaysia and Hong Kong were the first participants ever in the festival’s history. Vietnam and Hong Kong made the first semi-final competition, and then Canada and Malaysia competed. Right last night, Canada was announced to be the winner.
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2009: The Echoes of Han River
From 27th to 28th March in 2009, the Da Nang international fireworks festival came back. In this second time, there are 5 representatives, including Vietnam, Spain, China, Australia and Philippines. On the first night, China and Australia competed, and three others would show their performances on the next evening. The winner was the Liuyang dancing fireworks from China.
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2010: Legend of Han River
The 3rd Da Nang international fireworks festival occurred from 27th to 28th March 2010. The first semi-final competition was between Vietnam, Japan and Portugal. The USA and France had last performances, and then France won. Like two previous times, the theme of Da Nang fireworks festival was about the Han river – the symbolic river of the city.
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2011: The Sparkling Han River
The 2011 Da Nang international fireworks festival reschedule had a change from earlier years, from 29th to 30th April. In this time, the festival celebrated the Unfinication day of Vietnam (30th April 1975) when two parts of Vietnam became one following the end of the American war. England, Vietnam and South Korea made the first night, and then it’s for Italy and China. The winner was Italy – the Parente fireworks.
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2012: The Colors of Da Nang
The Da Nang international fireworks festival took place from 29th to 30th April at this 5th time of organization. The host – Vietnam, Da Nang city with four former winners – Canada, China, France and Italy made it more special than previous years. Italy repeated its winning prize.
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2013: The Love for Han River
The 6th Da Nang international fireworks festival was on 29th and 30th April 2013. The champion – the Parente fireworks from France attended again and it’s the first time for Russia. Other competitors are Vietnam, Japan and the USA. On the opening night, the audience saw the performances from Vietnam, Italy and Russia and the next night, USA and Japan. The winning for the United States closed the festival this year.
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2015: The Symphony of Colors
To increase the attractiveness of the Da Nang international fireworks festival, city leaders decided to organize it every 2 years, from 2013. This 7th festival falls on the days of 28th and 29th April. Five candidates for the championship are Vietnam, South Africa, USA, Poland and Australia. The Howard & Son fireworks from the Land of Oz, was the winner.
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2017: Shining the Marble Mountains
To draw more tourists, Da Nang city leaders changed the Da Nang international fireworks festival reschedule this year. Instead of two consecutive days in the Reunification day of Vietnam, it stretched from 29th April to 24th June 2017. Eight teams would compete in 4 semi-final nights, corresponding 4 first Saturdays and the female was on 24th June. Two strongest performing teams had one week to prepare and . The theme of each competition was taken from five elements which formed the Marble Mountains – the most famous mountain of the city. Italy overcame Australia, Switzerland, Vietnam, China, Japan, the United Kingdom and Australia to become the winner. Additionally, the audience stage was also moved from the right bank of Han river to its left bank, inside the Asia park theme park.
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2018: Legend of the Bridges
From this 9th time of organization, the Da Nang international fireworks festival was held annually again but its reschedule would be in 5 weeks, from 30th April to 30th June. First 4 Saturdays were semi-finals in which Vietnam, Poland, France, USA, Italy and Hong Kong competed. Each was themed ‘love’, ‘time’, ‘happiness’, ‘hunger’ and ‘friendship’ respectively. The closing night was for two strongest competitors – the USA and Italy. One more time, the representative from Italy won.
Da Nang Fireworks Festival 2019: The Story of Rivers
Unlike previous years, the 2019 Da Nang international fireworks festival didn’t take place during Vietnam’s national holidays. Held from 1st June to 6th July, the city leaders aimed to extend the high local tourist season. Brazil and Finland joined for the first time, and other competitors are Vietnam, France, the United Kingdom, China and Russia. After four semi-finals on Saturday nights, the UK and Finland came to the finale, and Finland won thanks to a more striking performance.
Da Nang International Fireworks Festival 2023
Reschedule and Dates
The 11st Da Nang international fireworks festival takes place from 2nd June to 8th July 2023. On the first four Saturdays, representatives from 8 countries will compete (called the semi finals) and the winner was announced on the last night. Each performance lasts from 20 to 22 minutes, and the first one starts soonly after 8 pm. On 1st July, there are no competitions, in order to give time for two champion candidates to prepare the best ideas and show the best performances as they can.
These are dates and the pairs:
– On 2nd June: Vietnam (Da Nang) vs Finland (Yoho Pyro Professionals)
– On 10th June: Canada (Hands Fireworks) vs France (Arteventia)
– On 17th June: Australia (Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics) vs Italy (Martarello Group)
– On 24th June: Poland (Surex Firma Rodzinna) vs the United Kingdom (Pyrotex)
– On 1st July: off
– On 8th July: Fenale (Italy vs France)
Every night of the Da Nang international fireworks festival 2023 will follow this timetable:
– 7 pm: the stands open
– 8 pm: the opening introduction, music and dance
– 8:15 to 8:40 pm: first performance
– 8:40 to 9 pm: music and dance
– 9-9:20 pm: second performance
Note: On the ticket, the festival time is 8 pm, but spectators are advised to be in the stand area at least 30 minutes before it. If the distance is far, please go early to have a good seat. Although not allowed, parents still take seats for their kids, so seats are not enough if come late.
Tickets and Prices
Ticket price of the Da Nang international fireworks festival 2023 ranges from 800,000 to 3,000,000 VND, depending on the seating. The Stand A (A1, A2, A3) provides the best views of fireworks, so the audience has to pay the most expensive to enter it. In particular, from 1,500,000 to 3,000,000 VND. The Stand B (B1, B2, B3, B4, B5) on two sides of the Stand A and a seat here costs from 800,000 to 1,500,000 VND. Kids and children under 1 meter in height will be free of charge if sit with parents. The price to watch the semifinals and the fenale can be different.
To buy tickets, travelers can browse the official webpage of the Da Nang international fireworks festival via https://diff.vn/ or online at reliable companies and travel agencies. Text us in whatsapp number +84968009827 to ask for help, and you may have a cheaper price. E-ticket is available, besides the traditional physical tickets. It works at checkpoints.
In 2023, there are 5,500 seats available. Because of increasing watchers, Stand C and Stand B5 are added, providing extra 1,700 seatings. The ticket price here is 800,000 VND. Therefore, if can’t make sure which day you are in Da Nang (or available) to see the fireworks, before the competitions, additional tickets may be booked. Keep in mind to choose a reliable provider to buy them.
Note: Travelers are advised to buy Da Nang international fireworks festival tickets in advance, as soon as possible. The best spots to see performances are often fully reserved many days before.
The theme of the entire Da Nang international fireworks festival 2023 is “Lighting up the borderless world”, aiming to encourage connections following the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s also used for the finale night. Each semi-final competition has its own theme. There are ‘Peace for the world’ (Vietnam vs Finland), ‘Love without distance’ (Canada vs France), ‘Chasing your dreams’ (Australia vs Italy), and ‘Embracing the nature’ (Poland vs UK).
The Official Stand of Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
The official stand of Da Nang international fireworks festival 2023 is on the right (east) bank of the Han river. It’s to the left of Tran Hung Dao St, opposite to the Han river harbour where cruises dock, and the Novotel hotel and the city’s administrative center building are located.
How to Get There from Da Nang
To go to the stands of Da Nang international fireworks festival 2023, the spectators have to walk. Four streets, the Han river bridge and laneways around them will be blocked for traffic from 5 pm. Walking streets are Tran Hung Dao St (from Vu Van Dung to Van Don), Nguyen The Loc St, An Don St and Bach Dang St (from Ly Thuong Kiet to Phan Dinh Phung St).
If taking a car or taxi, travelers are advised to go to Le Van Duyet – Van Don – Tran Hung Dao crossroad (link on Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/UtLCVX8pHBYAGkg16) that is to the north of the stands. From here, it’s needed to walk 1 km.
It’s easier with a motorcycle. Parking service is everywhere around the walking streets leading to the official stand. The parking fee is 5,000 to 10,000 VND. Bikes are a lot, so don’t forget where is your bike!
From Hoi An, we suggest riding the motorbike along the coastal road to Da Nang until the Hilton Gardens Inn hotel at Vo Nguyen Giap – Vuong Thua Vu crossroad (a traffic light). From here, turn left, go straight ahead and after the roundabout, go westwards along Van Don St.
Other Places to See Da Nang International Fireworks Festival
Sky 36 Bar in Novotel Hotel
This sky bar is on the 36th floor of the Novotel Premier Han River hotel that stands opposite to the official stand. Fireworks seen from here are absolutely stunning. When the competitions are ‘off’, visitors enjoy a fabulous city view from the above and delectable beverages from the bartenders. It’s the highest bar in town actually. By that, a table reservation in advance is a must do, and please contact directly with the hotel to know the conditions. Travelers can book a room here to stay, relax and witness lightful performances right from the balcony.
Cruises on Han River
Cruises on the Han river won’t take visitors to see the Dragon bridge anymore in firework’s days. Instead, they dock around the main stand to allow passengers to witness wonderful competitions of lights, and take memorable pictures and videos. Once again, travelers must book a seat in advance (at least 7 days before), and the price is more expensive than usual.
See more information in https://centralvietnamguide.com/da-nang-night-river-cruise.
Rooftop Venues and Bridges along Han Riverfront
The Han river waterfronts are kind of perfect to see fireworks. Local people often come early and stand by the river to take the most ideal spots. Bridges are also crowded by viewers (that’s why traffic there is closed). Sure, it’s free. If look for an option with foods, drinks and the view altogether, rooftop venues along Bach Dang St and Tran Hung Dao St will be finest. They usually on the top of hotels. Again, remember to make a reservation in advance.
Son Tra Mountain
Son Tra mountain is high, and also near the city, so some points in its southwestern side provide a good view to see and photograph fireworks. Please go to the crossroad between Yet Kieu St and the mountain road (on Google maps: 16°06’50.2″N 108°14’34.6″E), and then ride up the mountain. Automatic motorcycles are prohibited, so keep in mind!
Travel Tips for Da Nang Fireworks Festival
These are our tips for Da Nang international fireworks festival:
– Travelers should buy tickets as soon as possible. Tickets may be sold out or very expensive later
– Come to the official stand at least 30 minutes before, to have the best seats, especially when traveling with family
– Waters and drinks are cheap around the stand, so don’t have to buy in advance
– Check the weather forecast to prepare necessary items (umbrella, rain poncho, etc)
– If go to the stand by car, should go early because of high traffic and you will have to walk to it later