The Da Nang international airport is the gateway to Da Nang, the capital city of central Vietnam and a famous tourist destination. From here, travelers can have a short transfer to go to Hoi An, another popular city (especially for westerners). Located in Da Nang’s downtown, it’s one of the most convenient airports in the country, and always is in top airports in case of service quality and facilities.
In this article, we tell you everything you need to know about the Da Nang international airport. If plan to visit Hue city first, you should book a flight to Phu Bai international airport and then have a transfer to Da Nang or Hoi An. To fly to the next destination or country, the Da Nang airport is the best choice to leave the region.
In the future, the Da Nang airport would share passengers with Chu Lai airport (100 km south of the city). However, from main tourist cities and their well-known sights, the distance from this airport is far, leading to limited connecting flights. Da Nang airport is still a priority to travelers due to its convenience.
Table of content
- 1 A Quick Introduction and History of Da Nang International Airport
- 2 The Domestic Terminal of Da Nang Airport (T1 Terminal)
- 3 The International Terminal of Da Nang Airport (T2 Terminal)
- 4 How to Get to Da Nang International Airport
- 5 Transfers from Da Nang International Airport
- 6 Flights To and From Da Nang International Airport
- 7 Tours from Da Nang Airport
- 8 Da Nang International Airport on Google Maps
- 9 Related Posts
- 10 My Lai Massacre Village (or Son My Memorial) in Quang Ngai
- 11 Cam Kim Island: The Peaceful Countryside of Hoi An
- 12 Getting from Hue to Hoi An: Which is the Best Way?
- 13 Cycling in Hoi An: Rental, Where to Cycle and Tours
- 14 The Best Time to Visit Hoi An
- 15 The Bamboo Circus Show (Teh Dar Show) at Hoi An Lune Center
- 16 Cua Dai Beach: The Famous Beach of Hoi An
- 17 The Japanese Covered Bridge
- 18 Bach Ma National Park: Hiking, Trekking in Da Nang and Hoi An
- 19 Hoi An Wet Season: What to Do in Hoi An When It Rains?
- 20 Thanh Ha Terracotta Park
- 21 Vinwonders Nam Hoi An Theme Park (formerly Vinpearl Nam Hoi An)
- 22 Am Phu Cave Complete Travel Guide
- 23 Hoi An or Hue: Which is Better?
- 24 The Official Hoi An Travel Guide (MUST READ)
- 25 The Hoi An Market (Hoi An Central Market) Complete Guide
- 26 Hoi An Memories Show: The Best of Hoi An Impression Theme Park
- 27 Hoi An Bridge: Famous Bridges in Hoi An
- 28 How to Get From Hoi An to My Son Sanctuary
- 29 Hoi An’s Chinese Assembly Halls and Chinese Temples
- 30 Hoi An Walking Tours: Heritage, Foods, Photography & Locals
- 31 Hoi An Self Guided Walking Tour (Hoi An By Yourself)
- 32 How to Visit Golden Bridge Vietnam
- 33 Unique Experiences in Hoi An and Why?
- 34 An Bang Beach: A Guide to Hoi An’s Best Beach
- 35 Experiences in Hoi An: Get Insight Into Hoi An’s Local Culture
- 36 Things to Do in Ba Na Hills Besides Golden Bridge
- 37 Hoi An Nightlife: What to Do in Hoi An At Night?
- 38 Hoi An Countryside: Villages, Rice Fields & Tours
- 39 How to Get to Golden Bridge From Hoi An
- 40 Hoi An Entrance Fee: Old Town, Golden Bridge, My Son, More
- 41 Hoi An Airport: Everything You Need to Know
- 42 Hoi An Lantern Boat Ride on Hoai River
- 43 Hoi An Private Car and Driver
- 44 What to Do in Hoi An Ancient Town
- 45 Da Nang and Hoi An Itinerary for Visitors Staying Overnight in Hoi An
- 46 Hoi An 3 Day Itinerary: A Travel Plan for 3 Days in Hoi An
- 47 Hoi An Free Things to Do: Budget Travel in Hoi An Vietnam
- 48 Hoi An One Day Itinerary: A Travel Plan for One Day in Hoi An
- 49 Hoi An Half-Day Tours: Guide to Half Day Trips From Hoi An
- 50 Hoi An Day Tours: A Guide to Best Day Trips From Hoi An
- 51 Hoi An Beach: A Guide to All Beaches in Hoi An Vietnam
- 52 Hoi An Food Specialties
- 53 How to Get From Hoi An to Da Nang
- 54 Hoi An Cheap Things to Do: All Solo Travelers Need to Know
- 55 Hoi An Best Things To Do: Recommendations from Local Experts
- 56 Hoi An Things to Do: All What Can You Do in Hoi An Vietnam
- 57 Hoi An Things Not to Miss: A Guide to Must Do in Hoi An
- 58 Hoi An or Da Nang: Which is Better?
- 59 Hoi An Pottery Village: A Guide to Thanh Ha Pottery Village
- 60 Hoi An Ancient Town Tour
- 61 Hoi An Old Town Ticket: Price, Sellers, Included Sites, More
- 62 My Son Sanctuary Tour
- 63 Hoi An Lanterns: Festival, Making Class, Where to Buy, More
- 64 Hoi An Best Area to Stay: Guide to Where to Stay in Hoi An
- 65 Hoi An Weather by Month: Guide to Hoi An Monthly Weather
- 66 Hoi An River Cruise: Guide to The Best Boat Tour in Hoi An
- 67 Hoi An Old Town Boats: Guide to Boat Rides in Hoi An Town
- 68 Hoi An 2 Day Itinerary: Traveler Guide to 2 Days in Hoi An
- 69 Cham Island Hoi An
- 70 Hoi An Basket Boat Ride
- 71 Hoi An Coconut Village: A Guide to Cam Thanh Coconut Village
- 72 Hoi An Cham Temples: My Son Sanctuary & Quang Nam Temples
- 73 How to Get from Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
- 74 Da Nang to Hoi An: Best Da Nang Airport Transfer and More
- 75 Hoi An Tour Guide: How to Find a Private Tour Guide in Hoi An
- 76 Hoi An Ancient Town Attractions
- 77 Hoi An Old Town Map
- 78 Tra Que Vegetable Village
- 79 Hoi An Lantern Festival
- 80 Hoi An Night Market: A Thing to Do in Hoi An at Night
- 81 My Son Sanctuary Travel Guide
- 82 Hoi An Old Town Unesco World Heritage – Hoi An Travel Guide
- 83 Featured Tours and Experiences
- 83.0.1 Full Day My Lai Massacre Tour
- 83.0.2 Hue to Hoi An Private Car Transfer with Sightseeing (and Vice Versa)
- 83.0.3 Hue to Hoi An Motorbike Tour (and Vice Versa)
- 83.0.4 Hai Van Pass Motorbike Tour from Hoi An or Da Nang
- 83.0.5 Da Nang Night Tour From Hoi An with Local Food Dinner
- 83.0.6 Da Nang Day Trip From Hoi An with Local Food Lunch
- 83.0.7 Golden Bridge and Ba Na Hills Night Tour
- 83.0.8 Golden Hands Bridge Tour In Sunrise or Sunset (1/2 Day)
- 83.0.9 Cam Kim Island Bicycle Tour From Hoi An
- 83.0.10 Cham Island Tour From Hoi An (Group Tour)
- 83.0.11 Cham Island Tour From Da Nang (Group Tour)
- 83.0.12 Hoi An Vegetarian Food Tour
- 83.0.13 Hoi An Evening Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 83.0.14 Private Hoi An Basket Boat Tour (Shuttle Bus, Bicycle, Bike)
- 83.0.15 Half-day Am Phu Cave Tour (Private)
- 83.0.16 Hoi An Countryside Tour (Bicycle, Car, Electric Shuttle)
- 83.0.17 Da Nang Tour Package From Singapore
- 83.0.18 Hoi An Evening Tour From Da Nang
- 83.0.19 Hoi An Walking Food Tour Through Laneways
- 83.0.20 My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Old Town Tour with Thu Bon River Cruise
- 83.0.21 My Son Day Trip From Hoi An including Marble Mountains and Basket Boat
- 83.0.22 Half Day Hoi An City Tour With River Cruise
- 83.0.23 Son Tra Peninsula Tour with Marble Mountains (Private/Small Group)
- 83.0.24 Hue Day Trip From Hoi An with Hai Van Pass, River Cruise & Lunch
- 83.0.25 Hoi An Ancient Town and Countryside Tour (Bests of Hoi An Tour)
- 83.0.26 Hoi An Tour From Da Nang Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 83.0.27 Hoi An Day Trip From Da Nang (Marble Mountains, Basket Boat, Old Town)
- 83.0.28 Da Nang City Tour From Airport (Private, Optional Lunch)
- 83.0.29 Hoi An City Tour with Lantern Class, Lantern Boat, Night Market & Local Food Sampling
- 83.0.30 Marble Mountains, Basket Boat Ride & Hoi An Old Town Walking Tour
- 83.0.31 Marble Mountains & Golden Bridge Day Tour with Buffet Lunch
- 83.0.32 Marble Mountains & Monkey Mountain Tour (Half-day, Private)
- 83.0.33 Private Golden Bridge Sunrise Tour (Half-day, Optional Lunch)
- 83.0.34 Hoi An Ancient Town & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 83.0.35 My Son Sanctuary & Golden Bridge Day Tour (Private/Small Group)
- 83.0.36 Private My Son Sanctuary Sunrise or Sunset Tour
- 83.0.37 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Countryside Experience With Local
- 83.0.38 Full Day My Son Sanctuary & Hoi An Countryside Tour With Local
- 83.0.39 Full Day Hoi An Ancient Town & Coconut Village Experience
- 83.0.40 Son Tra Peninsula, Marble Mountains and Hoi An City Tour
A Quick Introduction and History of Da Nang International Airport
The Da Nang international airport (or Da Nang airport) is the largest airport in Da Nang city and central Vietnam region. It’s in the top 3 of the busiest airports in the country, besides Tan Son Nhat airport of Ho Chi Minh city and Noi Bai airport of Hanoi capital. In 2019, it served 15,5 millions of passengers, both international and local. At the present, this facility has two terminals. Its code is DAD.
Da Nang airfield was built by the French in the 1940s, and its name at that time was Tourane airport (because the city was called Tourane). During the Vietnam war, especially in the 1960s and 1970s, it’s amongst the most important air bases for the South Vietnam army and American air forces. Its location is extremely strategic. From here, the distance to the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), the sea, Laos border, Ho Chi Minh trail and other ‘hot spots’ is not far by airplane. The agent orange was stored in it and sprayed later around central Vietnam’s mountains. Afterwar, it’s polluted seriously and had to be cleaned up by American experts for 6 years with a cost of 110 billions US dollars. Nowadays, the runways of the Da Nang airport have been used for both civil flights and military.
The Domestic Terminal of Da Nang Airport (T1 Terminal)
T1 Terminal Location
The Domestic terminal of Da Nang airport (T1 terminal) is on Duy Tan street. It’s connected with the city, Han river waterfronts, and My Khe beach by this road.
On this level, there are 48 check-in counters for all local airlines and many self check-in kiosks if passengers don’t want to queue up. They’re arranged in the same zone, to the right of the Security. Representatives of Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Bamboo Airways, Vietravel and Pacific Airlines are just in the front, to assist passengers whenever they need. E-boarding passes are accepted to go through the security gates and boarding gates. A private lane is used for business class, and several airlines provide the priority for families.
Here are other services and conveniences:
– In pre-security zone: free balance to know baggage’s weight, baggage wrapping service, foods and drinks, shops, toilets
– In post-security zone: sitting chairs, VIP lounges, shops, foods and drinks, toilets
After baggage claim, passengers will immediately see friends, family members, the tour guide or the driver on the outside. Taxi is just a short walk in the front, and the prices to the city, popular tourist attractions and hotels are shown on the boards nearby. This action from the city leaders to stop overpriced transfer services here.. Don’t forget to see them to know exactly how much you will pay for the drive (cash is still prefered by local drivers). To get a Grab car, have to go across the road and then turn right until see the sign but not far. Grab bike drivers zone is designated by the main road Duy Tan, next to the motorbike parking.
To go to the International terminal (T2 terminal), passengers will turn left, keep walking and follow the signs. The walk is just 200 meters long, so don’t need a car or bus.
These are other things which passengers should know:
– Shops and café are to both side of the arrival gate
– Smoking area is to the left, near the columns
– To catch the local bus, go straight and turn right until seeing the sign (don’t cross the road!)
– Motorbike and car parkings are outside, in the front of the terminal
– ATMs are to the left, in the end of the building
– Security is guaranteed 24hrs
The International Terminal of Da Nang Airport (T2 Terminal)
T2 Terminal Location
The International terminal of Da Nang airport (T2 terminal) is on Nguyen Van Linh street. It’s connected with the city, Han river waterfronts and My Khe beach by this road. The famous Dragon bridge is half-way from this terminal to the beach.
This level has 44 check-in counters, for all local and global airlines and 10 boarding gates. Self check-in kiosks are also available (near the entrance gates) to skip the queues. The immigration is in the middle, near the elevators and 20 counters for all passports. Keep in mind that a paper ticket is still required here, so please request staff directly to do it. These are other amenities and conveniences at Da Nang international terminal:
– Free-to-use things to check the weight and size of the baggages, baggage wrapping service
– TV screens showing all flights and their information
– VIP lounges, private lane for business class
– Foods and drinks: 13 places outside and inside the waiting lounge
– Shopping: 33 shops including duty free shops
– Chairs and massage chairs to wait until the counter opens
– Baby care room, first-aid room
– Toilets, including for handicap visitors
After landing and claiming your baggages, passengers will see these conveniences and services:
– To the left of the arrival gates: local sim card, 24hrs money exchange, duty-free shops, coffee shops, restaurants, tourist information center, tourist bus pickup
– To the right of the arrival gates: ATMs, café, 24hrs security, local bus pickup, walkway to the Domestic terminal
– Friends, tour guides, hotel representatives, drivers stand just outside (don’t have to go too far)
– Smoking area: walk outside and look to the right
– Taxi: in the other side of the road, walking further and turn left to see Grab drivers
– Luggage storage: 72,000 VND per baggage, valid until 10:50 pm and extra fee is 88,000 VND if don’t pick up baggages later than 11 pm, at the office near taxi cars
– Local bus and tourist bus pick up points: to the left, with a sign
How to Get to Da Nang International Airport
Where is Da Nang International Airport?
The Da Nang international airport is in the central district of Da Nang city, Hai Chau district. On the map, it’s to the left bank of the Han river.
From Da Nang
Because the Da Nang international airport is right in the city centre, so it’s very convenient to get there. If the hotel is in Hai Chau district or Han river waterfronts, the distance is from 2 to 4 kilometers. Visitors just need to take a taxi (or walk). Therefore, don’t have to reach the airport too early.
From My Khe beach area, the average distance to Da Nang airport is 4,5 kilometers. Travelers who booked a package tour, the airport transfer will be included and arranged by travel agencies. If travel by yourself, you can get a taxi (the quickest way is calling by hotel reception!). Please make sure that cash in Vietnamese dong is enough to pay. It’s about 100,000 VND. Airport entrance fee is additional but not much..
From Son Tra peninsula, particularly the Intercontinental resort, the distance is 20 kilometers. From accommodations in Non Nuoc beach area, it is nearer, 15 kilometers in average. To make sure the cost, visitors should ask and reserve at least a few hours before leaving the hotel. Text/call us on whatsapp number +84968009827 to book our private car with a good price.
From Hoi An
The Da Nang airport from Hoi An is some 30 kilometers, so an airport transfer from Hoi An will be 45 minutes long. For a flight inside Vietnam, passengers should come 2hrs prior to the flight, and for flights to another country, should be 3hrs. For that reason, the most proper times to leave the hotel in Hoi An are 2 hours and 45 minutes if take a domestic flight, and 3 hours and 45 minutes for an international flight.
Private car is the quickest way to get from Hoi An to Da Nang airport. The price ranges from 300,000 to 700,000 VND, depending on how many passengers. For early morning or late night flights, a small extra fee will be charged. Text us in whatsapp number +84968009827 to book a private transfer. Our driver is on time and friendly. Beside that, travelers can consider taking a shuttle bus with pick up at the hotel. It’s cheaper but have to wait.
The Da Nang airport is 95 km from Hue city centre (via Hai Van tunnel). By a private car – the fastest way, the drive is longer than 2hrs. So, travelers should go early to make sure that they come to the airport at the proper time. For us, it’s quite dangerous because the distance is too long. Travelers should stay in Da Nang the day before the flight departure, or fly from Hue (Phu Bai) international airport.
Transfers from Da Nang International Airport
Da Nang Airport to Da Nang
After landing, passengers have different places to go: the hotel, a transport hub or a tourist attraction. Please see our recommendations as following below:
– Da Nang airport to Hai Chau district or Han riverfronts: just take airport taxi
– Da Nang airport to My Khe beach area: airport taxi or private car, fare: around 150,000 VND
– Da Nang airport to Son Tra peninsula (Intercontinental resort): private car from 700,000 VND (Intercontinental hotel to Da Nang airport: the same)
– Da Nang airport to Non Nuoc beach area: private car from 400,000 VND
– Da Nang airport to Da Nang railway station: just take airport taxi (the distance is only 3 km)
– Da Nang airport to Da Nang central bus station: just take airport taxi (the distance is 5,5 km)
– Da Nang airport to the Dragon bridge: just take airport taxi (the distance is only 2 km)
– Da Nang airport to Lang Co: private car from 900,000 VND via tunnel (the distance is around 50 km), and from 1,100,000 VND with Hai Van pass, to drop off in Lang Co town or Banyan Tree Lang Co hotel or Angsana hotel
– Private car to sights around Da Nang with English speaking driver: contact us in whatsapp number +84968009827.
Da Nang Airport to Ba Na Hills (the Golden Bridge)
The Golden hands bridge is one of the greatest tourist attractions in Da Nang. If just have a layover in Da Nang or plan to stay in Hoi An later, traveling directly from Da Nang airport to Ba Na hills is suitable. Make sure that time is enough to get there and see what you like. To get to Ba Na hills, a 1-hour drive by car is needed (because you have luggages!). Its price is 800,000 to 1,200,000 VND for two ways. If reach the hotel in Hoi An after Ba Na hills, the cost ranges from 1,200,000 to 1,500,000 VND. Baggage will be safe in the car while you’re exploring the hill station.Text/call us in whatsapp number +84968009827 for more details. We also have Ba Na hills and Golden bridge ticket reservation service.
Once you come to the bridge, read our full-information visitor guide in https://centralvietnamguide.com/how-to-visit-golden-bridge-vietnam/.
Da Nang Airport to Hoi An
Da Nang airport is the closest airport to Hoi An, and the distance is some 30 km. Passengers can choose the private car, shared car, shuttle bus, taxi, and motorbike taxi to get there after landing. The bus going from Da Nang to Hoi An is no longer operated, so don’t waste time looking for it (many people still recommend this bus!). Please see more details in https://centralvietnamguide.com/da-nang-airport-to-hoi-an/.
Our private car from Da Nang airport to Hoi An costs from 400,000 VND. Our driver will wait in the arrival gates, and hold a sign with your name to recognize. If want to visit the Marble mountains en route, contact us in whatsapp number +84968009827 to make the best price and book a guided tour if needed.
Da Nang Airport to My Son Sanctuary
My Son sanctuary is a must see in Da Nang-Hoi An area, a Unesco world heritage site. It’s some 40 kilometers from Da Nang airport, and travelers need around 1 hour to get there. A round trip by private car costs from 800,000 to 1,400,000 VND (if want to drop off in Hoi An after visiting My Son, it will be the same). Visitors need 1,5 to 2 hours to see everything in the sanctuary, and watch the traditional performances.
There is no bus and train to go from Da Nang and its airport to My Son temples. So, traveling by car is most convenient.
Da Nang Airport to Hue
For a direct transfer from Da Nang airport to Hue city (100 km north of Da Nang), travelers need a private car. The price is from 1,500,000 VND, including gasoline, toll fees, and taxes. Sure, there are no extra fees for luggages (if it fits the car!). The ride is around 2 hours via the tunnel, and to see Hai Van pass – Vietnam’s most beautiful coast road, it takes 40 minutes more. Text/call us on whatsapp number +84968009827 if you book.
Flights To and From Da Nang International Airport
From Da Nang, travelers can fly directly to these destinations:
– In Vietnam: Hanoi (Noi Bai airport, code: HAN), Ho Chi Minh city (Tan Son Nhat airport, code: SGN), Can Tho (Tra Noc airport, code: VCA), Hai Phong (Cat Bi airport, code: HPH), Ha Long (Van Don airport, code: VDO), Phu Quoc (code: PQC) Buon Ma Thuot (code: BMV), Da Lat (Lien Khuong airport, code: DLI), Nha Trang (Cam Ranh airport, code: CXR), Vinh (code: VII)
– Outside of Vietnam: Bangkok, Siem Reap, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hong Kong, China’s and Taiwain’s airports, South Korea’s airports, Japan’s airports, Luang Prabang, Vientiane
– There is no flights to (from) Hue, Phong Nha, Quy Nhon, Ninh Binh, Phan Thiet or Sapa
– Local airlines: Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet, Bamboo Airways, Pacific Airlines, Vietravel Airlines
Tours from Da Nang Airport
Da Nang City Tour from Airport
If landing in the morning or lunchtime, travelers can have a half day Da Nang city tour. The guide and the driver will welcome right in the airport (at the arrival gate), and then together explore the new destination. A stop for lunch with Vietnamese/local food is possible. In a few hours, we recommend sightseeing the Marble mountains and Monkey mountain with a huge Lady Buddha statue. After the tour, the car drops travelers off in the hotel.
Hoi An Tour from Da Nang Airport
Hoi An is just 45 minutes away from Da Nang airport, so a Hoi An city tour from the airport is absolutely possible. Once again, the guide and driver will see travelers at the arrival gate (and walk to the parking lot then). After a short drive, walk around Hoi An ancient town and learn about its history and culture of the citizens. It’s inscribed to be a Unesco world heritage site as it’s the best preserved traditional trading port in Asia. Here, travelers can learn about the local industry of textile and make a custom suit. At night, this town becomes brilliant with millions of colorful lantern lights.
Text/call us on whatsapp number +84968009827 to know the price and book.
My Son Sanctuary Tour from Da Nang Airport
My Son sanctuary is another Unesco world heritage site in the area. It’s 1 hour away from the airport, and travelers need at least one more hour to sightsee its Hindu temples. Here, they have a chance to learn about an ancient kingdom, religion, art, mythologies, and even the Vietnam war. If come not too late, can watch a minishow too. In the middle of forests and hills, nature is also unpolluted in this sanctuary too.
If like to drop you off in Hoi An after My Son ruins, we are happy to do so without additional fees. Contact us in whatsapp number +84968009827 to book the tour, or private car.